blog backbdrop

Tuesday 18 July 2023

Converted cookie Gift Box

I have a converted cookie gift box to share today.  Like many crafters, I tend to collect and keep 'things' that I think might come in handy one day and this particular cookie box from a pizza place enters my house regularly when my son is home from Uni.


This is the type of project that I really enjoy doing; making something out of nothing.



This is how my gift box started its life. I have saved a few of these that are clean inside, deconstructed and put away as they are a good size for a dimensional shaped cards, mdf or more cookies!!

I went through my Tattered Lace dies to see what delicate lace dies I had to fit on this box as I was sure that I had one for my flowers to sit on and I found the Nested Quatrefoil die set from the Winter Solstice collection that was the perfect size for this box.

I die cut the lacy detail from the lighter colour block paper from the Digital Florist Pansy Leaf Former Sheet by Opulence by Design and the solid shape from that beautiful salmon pink colour paper in the Digital Florist Ranunculus Flower Former Sheet.


I printed my flowers as usual onto 120 gsm colour document Navigator paper, which I like to use as it works well for me and then layered them up. They look quite different to the ones I made on the pearlescent paper.  I inked the edges with a violet rose sparkle dinky inky by The Dreamees and added some springtime Flowersoft to the centres of my flowers.


It was then just a case of building up the layers on top of my box. I edged my die cut toppers with my stardust gelly roll pen. I have a few of these as I go through them. It adds enough of a shimmer to your projects without too much glitter and without the mess of glitter.

I then added sisal, pollen head stamens, frosted berries and the variegated ivy leaves also by Opulence by design.  I like the different sizes on this sheet as they work so well to just poke into little corners of your project.  I think these Ranunculus flowers work really well on gift boxes.


A few 4mm mint pearls to finish off and my little cookie box has a new lease of life. I just have to decide what I am going to put in this one now.

If you are after some crafting inspiration why not pop over to YouTube and follow Opulence by Design. There are also some wonderful flower-making tutorials

Have a great week whatever you have planned for yourself

Happy crafting



Challenges:

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely fabulous, well done! Hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

Great recycling and dies Michelle,I love your beautiful flowers
Carol x

brenda said...

Great recycling and lots of lovely dimension and texture.

B x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is lovely Michelle great decorations

gr karin

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What gorgeous flowers and recycling Michelle, a beautiful box.
Faith x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much for your lovely commentsx

Shabneez said...

This is stunning Michelle - love everything about it especially the recycled part! Shabneez x

Brenda said...

Definitely a treasure, difficult to think of it as ever being trash I love the colors you've chosen, it gives your beauty such a vintage feel. I see treasure in "trash" too, my family just rolls their eyes...

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! I love flowers and recycling!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge July "ATG".
Ileanaxx

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...