blog backbdrop

Monday 26 February 2024

Retro Postcards

I've been meaning to get around to making these little postcards for a little while now and I really like these sassy retro digi images from Gecko Galz that I thought would look great made up into postcards.




I used some of the Say What Digital Collage Set digi images by Gecko Galz and layered them up with some of the backing papers from the Retro Home Front Digital Craft Kit.


I found a small pack of postcards in my craft stash whilst having a sort out a while ago and decided to use them for some stamping projects but I also scanned the back of one so that I could use them for my postcards on this project.


I have added 'make more postcards' to my list. They are a simple little project  - 'happy mail'  - that you can pop in the post at the price of a 2nd class stamp.


These images really made me smile as I was die cutting them, they are just perfect for journals, tags and cards too.


Gecko Galz offer loads of inspiration on their blog along with challenges to enter and free images to download to craft with.  Pop over to their page follow and subscribe to their monthly newsletter. They also have lots more on their Etsy page.





16 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection of postcards,love all the Vintage retro images-brilliant!
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful cards which bring back lots of memories of the 50s and 60s when I was a teen! Hugs, Valerie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My goodness, these are just so fabulous and what a wonderful idea, to add them to a Postcard. Love all of these. x

meg said...

A fantastic selection of retro images, a wonderful idea to make them into postcards,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus

Cheryl W. said...

These are so much fun. I'm going to check out Gecko Galz.

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are looking fabulous Michelle........gr karin

Chris said...

Brilliant postcards, love those retro images and the hilarious sentiments, a great idea!
xx

Jocelyn said...

What a great idea to decorate post cards. These images are such fun. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Carole J said...

Gorgeous postcards, Michelle, which will definitely bring a smile to their recipients.
Many thanks for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” February Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Linby said...

These are wonderful. Great idea to make postcards.

Christin said...

Love your retro cards! Thanks for sharing with us at DigiChoosday! Christin

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much for your lovely comments x

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at Let’s Craft and Create :)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com/http://

Pamela said...

These are great - I can't pick a favourite as I like them all!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Margarets designer cards said...

An interesting idea and something different well done
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Helen said...

Those are great - fabulous images!

Thanks for joining us at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...