blog backbdrop

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Crafty mdf plaque by the Dreamees

On one of the Dreamees workshops that I attended, I purchased a number of mdf pieces and this is one of the pieces I decorated.
















The flowers have been stamped and heat embossed with silver metallic superfine Wow embossing powder with a Charming Cascade flower stamp set by the Dreamees using backing papers from their sensational flowers cd.







This plaque was made for one of the Dreamee Catchers in our monthly group swap and I normally make a coordinating bookmark to accompany my make.




To start with I used papers from one of the Dreamees paper pads Something Stitchy, which can also be found on a cd rom, Dreamee pearls and their craft mdf.



I also used one of my all time favourite flower stamps, by the Dreamees a Charming Cascade.
These have been heat embossed with silver metallic superfine Wow embossing powder using backing papers from their sensational flowers cd. 



Also, I have used two sets of the Dreamees dies; the butterfly dies from their Pretty Leaves & Flourishes and the large flourish from their Peculiar Leaves & Flourishes set. I have die cut the butterflies out of a piece of satin board purchased from Create & Craft (their own make, which comes in a set of pastels or brights and worth having in your stash).  The flourishes were die cut from a piece of apple green glitter card (soft for a glitter card) I bought from Poundland in a trio of colours.




After covering my plaque with one of the papers I used some thin organza ribbon to wrap around the plaque, using a glue gun to add spots of glue around the back to keep the ribbon taut.




This was just to create a little more interest on the plaque before adding the butterflies and flowers.




I added more organza looped ribbon under the flowers.



Finishing off with some Dreamees pearls.
As this was a Dreamee Catchers make I needed to use as many of their products as possible (which I have plenty of).  These group swaps are great as they give you lots of inspiration on using various different elements of their products.



And finally, my bookmark I normally enclose with each Dreamee Catcher swap I make.
I have used the other piece of backing paper to make this along with some green card.  As these papers are double sided the top bookmark (which has been layered onto the green one) has the flowers on the top and the green patterned side of the paper is on the back of the bookmark. 

 I have also stamped the wording using the Dreamees Calligraphy Alphabet stamp set. Then I used some glossy accent on the roses before finishing off the bookmark with Dreamees pearls and ribbon.

I will then wrap this make in tissue paper before popping it in the post to my lovely swap partner.

Happy Crafting



3 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

What a brilliant swap-great plaque love the gorgeous embossed flowers and how you wrapped the ribbon
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you so much x

Katie said...

This is stunning

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...