blog backbdrop

Wednesday 18 April 2018

Birthday Card - themed View through a window

My DT card for the April Blog Challenge  over on  Let's Craft & Create  is themed  " Through a window "










I had some aperture A5 window cards which were just right for this months challenge.  To this I added a piece of 300gsm stamping card the same size, along with some acetate for the window pane.




To make my background I used Tim Holtz distress oxides in salty ocean and lucky clover for the sky and grass. I also find supermarket scourers really handy use for inkers. Chop up and make ink pads out of them.  The sponge side is perfect for blending the ink and if you want your ink to glide a little more, just add a little glycerin to your blending mat to mix in. A bottle of glycerin is pretty cheap from your high street chemist. 




I use my heat gun just to make sure the ink on my card is dry before I start to stamp.



I used this lovely stamp by Inkylicious - Wings of flight for the birds in the sky




I also used this free stamp set "Time for Tea" from a papercraft magazine that had a free tea cup die that I also intended to use.




I stamped the blue tit onto stamping card and the macaroons onto coloured card using black versafine ink. I also die cut the teacup onto a small piece of turquoise centura pearl card ( I did this with a pink piece but decided to go with the turquoise with accents of pink).




There was another free stamp set and die "Spring garden" from a papercraft magazine that was ideal for my card.




I cut my rabbit in half so that it would appear to be sitting in one of the flower pots as well as the flowers. I also stamped extra leaves from the hydrangeas, as I wanted them to appear to be growing behind the white picket fence.




I planned where I wanted everything to go before sticking it to my backing topper, making sure it could be seen through the window aperture.  I used some mixed micro beads for the spilt soil out of one of the flowerpots, which the rabbit was going to get the blame for.....






After sticking the acetate to the aperture window I added the blue tit, attaching it with a little red liner tape. I wanted the bird to appear to be perched on the windowsill looking in......probably at the biscuits on the other side.





I then made the net curtain for the window using a piece of rolled card for the curtain rail and a glue gun to attach the lace panels.


After adding the curtain, it just needed an embossed birthday sentiment in silver. My view through a window into a garden on a spring day, compele with wildlife.


Happy Crafting






4 comments:

Katie said...

This is stunning and love the little curtains.

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliantly designed card,love all the little different stamps for the view and the added lace curtains
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much ladies x

Tracy Welham said...

Such a cute and well put together little scene, I love it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...