blog backbdrop

Sunday 1 April 2018

Butterfly Birthday Card - using Stamps by Chloe Box set

Chloe Endean has brought out a limited edition box set packed with lots of goodies and is fabulous value. The following card was made using the elements from the kit.










 As the card is for a special friend, it had everything I needed to make the card I wanted. I just chose to add a base card in one of her favourite colours.



This box set certainly didn't disappoint when it came through my door, packed with goodies and always the great quality you get from Chloe Endeans products.

In the box kit you get:-

  • A4 magazine packed with inspiration, projects and tutorials to show you how to get the best out of the enclosed products and others in her range.
  • Butterfly die (which leaves the butterflies and tiny flowers still attached)
  • Stamp Set - The butterfly trail stamp matches the die and there is a good selection stamps and a couple of sentiments.
  • Mask - half butterfly and half flowers
  • Butterfly embossing folder
  • Selection of double sided papers, flowers, toppers and sentiments to cut out. The butterfly panels match the die also.






To start with, I chose a butterfly panel from the paper pack and used the butterfly trail stamp over it with a clear sparkle Wow embossing powder (a Chloe Endean mix) and a versafine clear ink pad.



The die fits perfectly over the butterfly trail printed papers which I had heat embossed with the clear glitter embossing powder.




Next step I used the embossing folder with a plain piece of white card and then with a versafine embossing pen traced the raised parts of the pattern before heat embossing with some of Chloe Endeans mix of Wow powders in glacier.



Then, I used the mask with another piece of white card and the Dreamees new pearlescent ink pad in powder puff (a metallic pinky purple with a silver hue). It just gave a shimmer of colour.



After that,  put the mask through my Sizzix machine and it embossed the card just enough to five a nice dimension to the card.



I used my quickie glue pen to glitter the butterflies and dots and my zig chisel edged glue pen to go around the edges of the card to be glittered.




From the papers in the pack I cut out some of the flowers and embossed them with Debbi Moores print magic in crystal.  Print magic is a thick embossing powder encased with glitter. When used with a clear versafine ink pad it leaves an opaque layer on your paper/card. When heat embossed it turns it into glitter card with a firmer texture.




With a few gems and a swirl of foliage using a small piece of rainbow mirri card on a vine metal die, I had my cluster of flowers for the card and you can just see the glitter on the flowers.




I used a sheet of of the candy striped backing paper from the paper pack and mounted the toppers that I had made onto some turquoise centura pearl card which I also used as a base card.  The edges of the toppers have also been glittered before mounting.




At this angle you can also see the clear glitter on the butterflies and flowers and the turquoise pearlescent card just showing through. As the papers from the pack are double sided the back of the butterfly wings on this topper also have colour.




Finished off with tiny heart iridescent heart gems.




A little turquiose ribbon layered under the toppers and a glittered sentiment strip from the pack completes my card for the occasion.


Happy Crafting




2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful love all the embossing and die-cut butterflies
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you so much Carol, there was so much in this box set x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...