blog backbdrop

Saturday 18 August 2018

Sweet Sunflowers Birthday Card

For this month's lots of layers challenge over on Let's Craft and Create I would share my
sunflower birthday card made with my Dreamees Sweet Sunflower and matching dies which are also available from Create & Craft depending on stock.








First I stamped the sunflowers stamps out onto the Dreamees Velvet cardstock, which has a lovely suede feel to it.



This cardstock not only stamps but takes the ink very well, giving lots of texture to your project.



 I used a combination of the Spring/Sumer and Autumn/ Winter dinky inkies to colour the sunflowers.




Using the dies I cut out the sunflowers, there was a cd rom which came with this bundle for the other dies in this collection.





I layered up the flowers and then put together my layers for the card.  I was going for a more rustic look to the card, so went with a kraft card base card, driftwood backing paper from my driftwood paper pad from The Works. It was then layered up with some green satin board (from Create & Craft).  I also used the border from the Dreamees square lace die collection. The sentiment is also from the stamp set.



A little lace and some chocolate Dreamee pearls to finish it off.
Follow the link to the Let's Craft and Create blog challenge and have a look at the other projects the rest of the design team have been making and I hope it inspires you to join in too.

Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love all the sunflowers and the effect of the lace against the driftwood B.paper
Carol x

Katie said...

This is stunning

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Beautiful creation x

Jan said...

This is lovely xx Jan

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...