blog backbdrop

Sunday 5 August 2018

ATCs Shine

For this months blog challenge over on Daisy Chains I decided on something different for the anything goes theme.  I have made a set of  ATCs (Artist Trade Cards).
For these ATCs I used the Shine Bright and The Ripple Effect Visible Image stamp set.




The inks used were Tim Holtz spiced marmalade, evergreen borough and scattered straw distress ink.
I used a few drops of glycerine, which helps the ink blend and glide across the watercolour card.




Love this combination of colours and as I am using the Shine Bright stamp set, I thought that they would be an ideal combination.





I heat embossed the smaller lightbulb and 'shine' stamp onto watercolour card using black embossing powder.




Using a blending brush with a few drops of blending solution and the Tim Holtz scattered straw distress ink I coloured the inside of the light bulb and around the 'shine' wording, then cut them out.



Being a lightbulb, I decided it needed a glow so coloured the bulb with a spectrum noir clear sparkle overlay pen.



Using one of the Visible Image The Ripple Effect stamps I heat embossed around the cards using gold superfine Wow embossing powder.



I backed the card onto some orange coordinating cardstock and stuck the lightbulb on with pinfair gel glue to add a little dimension.

Pop over to the Daisy Chains blog using the link and have a look at the inspiration the rest of the design team have been making this month.  Why not have a go too.


Happy Crafting



2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATC set Michelle love the colours and stamps -great step by step too
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks Carol x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...