blog backbdrop

Monday 27 August 2018

Retirement card using the Christmas Rose stamp by Chloe Endean

I made an 8  x  8 inch  Retirement card using Chloe Endeans Christmas Rose stamp. This stamp never ages in my opinion. Its a good size with lots of detail and easy to cut out, especially effective when embossed onto vellum.




The Christmas Rose was heat embossed with super fine Wow metallic silver embossing powder onto turquoise vellum with crystal gems in the centre.

I used white centura pearl cardstock for the card base then layered it up using  Tattered Lace pearl lace circle nesting dies, with more white centura pearl, silver rainbow mirri card and turquoise centura pearl just under the white lacy layer so you can see the colour to coordinate with the flowers.




On the last circle die I have also die cut it using The Dreamees square lacy divine die. I then heat embossed the leaves from the Dreamees sweet sunflowers stamp set onto acetate using Chloe Endeans glitter embossing powder mix in Hollywood Hills.  I used Pinflair glue gel to stick the flowers onto the card and also on the leaves which have been slotted in under the largest topper on the card.




Finished off with some woven ribbon. I added quite a few pages inside the card for people to write their goodwill messages and for pictures and memories to be added inside as a keepsake book.



As this card has a lot of dimension,  it needed a handbag box envelope to keep it in. I carried on the theme with the leaves by using them on the envelope.  I use my large envelobox scoreboard by Crafters Companion to make my dimensional boxes.


Happy Crafting

3 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

WOW a very special retirement card and a beautiful keepsake love the gorgeous embossed vellum flowers and matching box
Carol x

Kate M said...

What a fabulous Retirement card and box/envelope - she is one very lucky lady.
The embossed vellum flowers are amazing and I love the colours, great project!! xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...