blog backbdrop

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Teenage Music Birthday Card

Sharing a music birthday card made for my Teenage son made using a mix of Visible Image and Sheena Douglass stamps.

I created the background and topper using Tim Holtz distress oxide inks in candied apple, salty ocean, wild honey and twisted citron.
I used the Visible Image "Music on World off" stamp set, adding glossy accent to the headphones and heat embossing the "parent advisory" stamp.




I mixed this with the free Sheena Douglas "Music & Dance" stamp set from the Creative Stamping magazine (issue 52) from 2018, decoupaging the guitar on the left.

I also used a combination of stamping and heat embossing to create different textures. I love the chalky finish from the distress oxides too.



I matt and layered it onto white card using foam pads and added a personalised verse inside. The finished card measures 7.5 inches square.  These stamps are ideal for teenagers or male cards or just generally music lovers when you are looking for something that little bit different.

Happy Crafting





5 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous masculine card and perfect for a teenager love all the stamps and great inky background
Carol x

Janet Packer said...

Love this card,and the stamps that you used. Fab!

jane stillman said...

Love the background, and a great teenagers card

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Katie said...

Gorgeous card

Ella - Birthday Card WOYWW #880

I have been making a card for an upcoming family birthday and wanted to use the Ella stamp from BellArt. This is what has been on my desk.  ...