blog backbdrop

Thursday 5 September 2019

Oriental Birthday card

Sharing my DT card for the challenge over on Daisy Chains Blog Challenge this month with the theme  "Autumn is coming."






I love Debbi Moore's collections. There's something for every genre when crafting. The images from her many collections are crisp and vibrant as well as being good quality.

I particularly love the bookazines and have had many over the years, which are packed with papers and projects, even including a free gift. Great value for money.  This project was made from an Oriental one, Issue 3, which I have had for a good few years and still have some left.



My card is A5 in size with half of the front cut away. I backed the topper on cream card and attached to the front.




The base of the cream card has been matt and layered with black colour core (lightweight) card and gold matt mirri card. I used the lovely backing paper for the front and inside.





As I had some sumi paper, which has the look and feel of Japanese paper, I wanted to add some texture to the inside of the card to match the backing paper. I used my printer to copy the backing paper onto the sumi paper and it worked really well.  If you wet the edge of the paper slightly, you can tear/ feather the edge for a more natural look. I used my spectrum noir sparkle clear overlay pen to highlight the edges.





Sumi Paper is available from Create & Craft as a pack of 20 sheets but I'm sure there are many other craft retailers out there that stock it.



I added a gold tassel, saved from an old make up bag (I'm always saving bits and pieces like this) and embellished the card with some flat backed white/gold pearl strings by Hobby House. Hobby House have the most amazing embellishments. The button embellishments from the magazine were ideal as a brad for the tassel which I had wrapped around the edge of the topper.

Debbi Moore always gives you more. Take a trip to her page and download some of the wonderful free projects to get you started.



Have a look at the rest of the design teams inspiration for this month over on Daisy Chains as well as the blog entries.


Happy Crafting



6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous birthday card. I love the image you have used she is so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much Jackie x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Michelle love the gorgeous image and great papers and design too
Carol x

Nancy said...

That's a really beautiful card, Michelle! Fabulous design! :o)

Gwyneth said...

A gorgeous oriental themed card. It looks great in autumnal colours.
GG

jane stillman said...

This is a really sophisticated card - love it!

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...