blog backbdrop

Thursday 12 September 2019

Sweet Nothings Collection by Katy Hudson

I thought I'd share my DT samples from a collection I have been working on which are ready for the launch on Create & Craft TV tomorrow.


I love these adorable squirrels using the Perfect Pair die, accompanied by the sweet nothings die and those little blue tits.



The charismas cards come in a pack accompanied by an equal amount of vellum ones to die cut.  The card stock is super smooth and a good weight, with crisp images. No need to download, and ready for you to start crafting.


For each die, I have also made one using the vellum charisma. I included the Thank You die in this card but cut it in half so that I could use the flowers at both ends, not losing the sentiment. On all these samples I have used the matching cardstock, which again is a good heavy weight of card, perfect for card bases or layering with your dies like I have done.


Each die has a topper sheet to match which includes sentiments that you can mix and match with the card from the collection. I have used the Pretty Posies die and charisma for this card mixing it with the topper and card.





With a good selection of toppers you can also make smaller cards. Here I have used the vellum charisma on an acetate panel for my card with the toppers and card stock from the Pretty Posies.





Using the New Home die, matching toppers and card on my easel card.  All the other dies used in these samples are from various Tattered Lace collections.


My favourite colours on this card and some pretty card to accompany the collection also.






For my tent shaped floating acetate card I have used the vellum New Home die with the same toppers and cardstock.








The Its a gift die from the Tattered lace Vintage Designer collection was an ideal shape for the Special Couple die due to its bird cage like shape. I have decoupaged it and used it as a hanging topper on the front of the card. I have also included those cute blue tits from the Sweet Nothings dies.




Again I love these colours and its a pretty collection, with lots of elements to use.



A vellum wrap card using the vellum charisma wrap that I have not die cut, just adding the Sweet Nothings die to the edges of the card.

I have used the matching cardstock, some mint green vellum as an insert and the toppers as an insert panel.





A thank you card using the Thank You die and the matching cardstock behind the lacy frame die which has been die cut using the Sweet Nothings cardstock.



An acetate bowed fronted card using the same Thank You die but this time on the vellum.





Back to those cute squirrels adding a touch of the pretty posies on my tent card using the triangle wrap die from the Vintage Designer collection.  The toppers in this collection are easy to mix and match.



This collection does actually have an insert pack available to purchase but it wasn't part of my collection.

Katy Hudson is launching her new papercraft collection on Create and Craft, a full-time Illustrator based in Bristol became obsessed with drawing animals and telling stories.  The idea stuck which led her to studying for a degree in illustration and creating some wonderful illustrations.

All these items can be purchased as a whole collection or individually from Create and Craft TV.










Happy Crafting

3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle all your makes are stunning they are just so beautiful. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow so many amazing creations. Just loving layer after layer of gorgeous cards with phenomenal die cuts

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much ladies x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...