blog backbdrop

Wednesday 16 October 2019

Memory Book

Today I thought I'd share with you a memory book I made for a special little girls first birthday.



These memory books are so easy to make and are a lovely alternative to cards.



Instead of using mdf, I remembered that I had a set of Woodware chippies acetate album templates.
The smallest page is 4  x  4 inches, with the largest being 7 x 4 inches.  For the base, used greyboard, which was sturdy enough for my little album.





I also had these lovely shabby chic A4 double sided paper collection which came free with an issue of Cardmaking magazine.




With some pretty pastel flower eyelets on each board.



To accompany the pictures, I used a mixture of pretty lace, buttons, and embellishments along with the alphabet chipboard letters to spell out her name. It was very handy that her name fits perfectly into the number of pages that I had in the template set.





On the binder rings, added a couple of charms, one being an angels feather and the other being a Hamsa charm.  The Hamsa hand is an all faith protective sign, bringing its owner happiness, luck, health and good fortune.



I love this picture of Ella, it really sums this little cutey up.  I used some Crafters Companion speciality cardstock I also made a gift box.




I love making these memory books.
Happy Crafting!




5 comments:

Jan said...

What a great memory book xx Jan

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thanks very much Jan x

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous memory book Michelle,beautiful papers and embellishments -love the little charms and pretty lace
Carol x

Simply Angelic Crafts said...

Awwwwe this is gorgeous xxx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thanks very much x

Ella - Birthday Card WOYWW #880

I have been making a card for an upcoming family birthday and wanted to use the Ella stamp from BellArt. This is what has been on my desk.  ...