blog backbdrop

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Dreamee Flower Hanging Plaque

Today I thought I'd share a hanging plaque that I made for one of my lovely crafty friends who has been through some very testing times lately, putting all the recent world events aside.  I wanted to make something to cheer her up so about three weeks ago I decided to make something for her and as it was  through crafting with Dreamees that brought us together, I decided that was where I would start.



 I had just purchased some Watercolour pencils from the Dreamees website using my membership voucher and although I am not a fan of colouring I do enjoy painting with my inks and have seen the Dreamees ladies demo with these pencils many times and seen how well they blend when mixed with a little water or a little of their clear sparkle reinkers.




First I heat embossed the Dreamees Forget Me Not flower stamps with super fine silver Wow embossing powder on some Hunkydory Colour Me cardstock which was 250gsm. Great cardstock for stamping, super smooth and unfortunately down to my last 2 pieces.




I partly and lightly coloured the flowers before using a fine paintbrush and a few drops of water in a dish to blend the colours. This was my first attempt at water colouring. Room for improvement but I was really happy with the result. These pencils have lots of pigment which made it easier to blend the colour for a more toned look.




After cutting these out, I gently curled the petals my ball tool to add a little shape.  I find a quilling tool really handy for curling the petals and leaves sometimes when you want to give them a more natural shape and add a bit more dimension. 


I used a little of the Dreamees Sparkle Silver Mist dinky inky reinker with a few drops of water and painted the tips of the flowers and leaves to add that simmer, morning dew to them.
Dreamee pearls in the centre of my flowers 


In the Dreamees First Issue of their Live to Craft Love to Craft magazine, there is a selection of lilac toned papers, as in  the luxurious lilac pad on their website. I have used one of these papers to cover a deckle edged heart Dreamee mdf piece from a collection I had and the decorative topper die by Sara Davies own collection from Crafters Companion.

I had a think about the sentiment for the plaque and thought this one would be an inspirational one for someone who always manages to find the strength inside to pick herself up and carry on no matter what life throws at her.
This stamp Reach for the Moon is by Inkylicious. I made the little heart out of kraft card and used some of the Dreamees sentiment stamps.







I added the string pearl strings weaving them around the flowers on the plaque, finishing it off with some pearl stars and a piece of pink satin ribbon to hang it from.

Intended as a surprise to brighten my friends day.


Happy Crafting
Michelle
x

3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is gorgeous. It is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous project and pretty flowers xx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous plaque Michelle love all the beautifully watercoloured flowers and great quote
Carol x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...