blog backbdrop

Friday 5 June 2020

Birthday Roses Card

Today I am sharing a birthday card made for my sister-in-law with a decoupaged topper of roses. It is also my DT card for our blog challenge this month on Daisy Chains.






 For my card I have used: -

  • Tattered Lace Rose Bush die and matching charisma paper. Free charisma download for the Pressed Rose collection
  • Tattered Lace Fresco diamond frame dies
  • Tattered Lace zig zag triangle die
  • Glittered/embossed paper pad from The Works
  • Snow white centura pearl cardstock
  • Dreamees apple green 5mm flat backed pearls
  • Tattered Lace rounded corner essential diamond die (for sentiment)
  • Tattered Lace sentiment die from the Hexagonal Heaven A4 sentiment set
  • Ranger glossy accent for morning dew on the roses



I thought the roses on the cardstock matched up with the rose topper really well and particularly liked the citrus green cardstock which is a good sturdy quality.






I used  4 parts of this 5 part die set the outer die to get the overall shape of the topper in the polka dot apple green card with the embossed glittered dots.

The lacy triangle panel with the centre oval die and the centre lacy panel using snow white centura pearl cardstock.






I liked the soft edge of the zig zag rectangle die with the same paper as a layer which was them backed onto some more snow white centura pearl card.  I saved the patterned rose backing paper for the last layer so that it wouldn't take too much detail away from the decoupaged roses on the front.







I decoupaged two of my rose die cuts with pinflair glue gel for some dimension, adding some glossy accent for dewdrops on the petals and leaves.

The Dreamees pearls matched really well, to finish the card off.






Unfortunately, my card got lost in transit so my sister-in-law never received it, which is such a shame and I was gutted as any crafter would be but never mind, these things happen. I hope the recipient enjoyed it whoever they were.

Have a look at the inspiration from the rest of the design team and what our crafters have been making for our blog challenge this month.









Happy Crafting
Michelle
x






2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous birthday card. It is just so detailed and pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and decoupaged roses -love the diamond frame dies
carol x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...