blog backbdrop

Monday 11 May 2020

Jazz it up birthday card

Today I thought I'd share a birthday card that I made for my brother in law.  As he loves his music I thought this stamp set would be perfect to use.


The Stamps set I used for my card is the Jazz it Up by Visible Image. I heat embossed the main Jazz it Up stamps with black embossing powder and slightly overlapped the saxophonists.




I used glossy accent on the bubble stamp to give it more dimension.
The background was created with Tim Holt distress oxides in abandoned coral and salty ocean.



With a little background stamping with a Crafty Individuals distress diamonds rubber stamp and some frayed burlap distress oxide. 

I stamped the keyboard border and attached it to some foam tape to add more dimension.



I love making backgrounds for cards and find that when I make a men's card I tend to turn to my stamps. I love Visible Image stamps, they are always that bit different and quirky as well as being excellent quality.










Happy Crafting
Michelle
x


3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous card you have made for your brother-in-law. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant masculine card Michelle love the embossed stamps and great background
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much ladies x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...