blog backbdrop

Tuesday 5 May 2020

Vintage lace card

Today's card share is a vintage lace card made with a lovely vintage postcard that one of my friends gave me. She gave me a few and said "I'd be interested to see what you do with them" So, I thought to start with I would make her a card, to let her know I was thinking of her across the miles in these uncertain times over the past few months.


I am also using my card for our theme this month on Let's Craft and Create's blog challenge. We would like you to use ribbon, lace, twine, all or some in your project this month. 

for my card I used:-

  • 5.5 inch textured deckled cream card base
  • A5 burnt orange patterned paper from stash (Tattered Lace)
  • A wide strip of cream vintage lace from haberdashery remnant shop
  • A strip of antique gold satin ribbon from stash
  • Paper doily from stash
  • Vintage postcard
  • Polka dot backing paper from a Dreamees CD printed on cream paper
  • Dreamees Something Stitchy flower stamps
  • Dreamees butterfly dies from the pretty/peculiar leaves & flourishes dies
  • Pearls





I love my Dreamee flower stamps and use them all the time
when making flowers like this for my cards. I stamped my flowers using cocoa memento ink and layered them up. I think the gsm of the card for these was about 120. You can add a pearl in the centre like I have or a drop of glossy accent to highlight the button centres. With the butterflies, I die cut them from the same backing paper as the flowers.






I added a little sparkle to the centre of the flowers with a spectrum noir clear overlay pen.



Have a look at the inspiration from the rest of the design team and what our crafters have been making for our blog challenge this month. There is a prize for the winning entry and a badge for your blog for the top 3 runners up.









Stay safe
Happy Crafting
Michelle
x




4 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning card. That image is just gorgeous I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and image Michelle love the lace and co-ordinating flowers
Carol x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful card, looks so pretty all colour matched and layered together.
Thank you for sharing, creative wishes Tracey.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much ladies x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...