blog backbdrop

Saturday 16 January 2021

Panda Love Drops cookie box

 It started cold snowy out there today and it always looks so pretty as long as you are inside in the warm especially as I am not a lover of the cold weather.

Today I am sharing a cookie box, made with card and decorated using a digi stamp download, to put my homemade shortbread for a gift.


I have used this adorable Panda Love Drops digi stamp set along with the design papers and one of the sentiments from the set for this month's digi stamps from the Imagine that digi stamp monthly progressive challenge.


decided to die cut a pre-coloured digi image into a heart shape and then a decoupaged one on top that I had also fussy cut around which was easier than I had anticipated. I used glossy accent on the hearts, panda eyes and more importantly the umbrella long handle, which made it a lot easier to cut around the curved umbrella handle when dry. I even managed to decoupage it.


For my cookie box, I used quite a simple template to follow from Crafters Companion using the Ultimate Pro box board. I have used this template quite a lot and you can make this box from an A4 piece of card. The instructions for the box can be found on their website and they even have pictures too which is also a bonus. Just click on the link below:- 


I used the umbrella design paper to make the panels for my box, the heart design paper for the 2nd layer heart and tag, saving the worded red design paper for the top tag and the die cut border lace edge on my box.  I also added one of the sentiments from the digi set to my tag.


The dies I used on my project were; a mini tag by Xcut, Xcut heart dies and a border die from the beautiful babysuns by the Dreamees. I also wanted to see if I could utilise as much of this digi set as possible, so I used glossy accent on the hearts..... which, I did have help to cut out and these made wonderful little heart gems!


I did, however, make the shortbread to go in the box, as well as cut out the little confetti hearts I printed onto tissue paper using the heart design paper. I thought I would look nice as a liner for the shortbread to sit in the box. The tissue paper was printed on a draft setting as I didn't need a lot of ink for this.




This is such an adorable digi set and I've really enjoyed this one. The papers are so pretty too. When I first started this challenge, I thought that I might struggle as I'm not a colourist but the good thing with digi images is that they are resizable, which makes them so much more adaptable for your projects and they never run out.

Kris has created some lovely digi designs and I still have my gnomes to use yet, which I am really looking forward to creating with.

Time for a cuppa I think! Enjoy the rest of your day.
Happy Crafting



7 comments:

Lochhildegard said...

Hello Michelle, what a beautiful Cookiebox!!! So sweet with the paper and I Love the glossy hearts with the Sweet Panda. Great Idea and such a wonderful Gift.Thank you for playing around with us
Hugs
Hilde (Dt Imaginethat)

Kristine said...

Michelle, what a fabulous cookie box you created with this month's DOTM! Love the glossy accents on hearts and your decoupaged panda *Ü* It's lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at at IMAGINE THAT DIGISTAMP this month!

♥ ♥ ♥ Just a head's up! February is my shop's 8th Birthday and we invite you to come help us CELEBRATE! In addition to our Digi-of-the-Month progressive challenge, we will also be offering weekly challenges with more free digis and prizes! Hope you'll join in the fun next month.

Cheers,
Kris B.
www.imaginethatdigistamp.com

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning post with gorgeous cookie box, love to have one right now.... Love the colours and images used. ♥

crafty-stamper said...

Great cookie box love the cute decoupaged image and umbrella P.paper
Carol x

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle that is a gorgeous cookie box. Take care. Hugs Jackie

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much x

Shabneez said...

Such an adorable box Michelle. Shabneez x

Easter Cards

I have a few Easter cards that I'm sharing today and I've been using the Signature Series Digital Florist Everything Anemone Cardmak...