blog backbdrop

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Barrel of birthday blooms card

Today is the start of our blogs challenges and at Daisy Chains, we are starting with a birthday theme so I have a barrel of blooms to share with you today.


My birthday card was made for a very special lady before Christmas, so it had to be all things Dreamees .

I went for an 8x8 tent card design on this one as I thought the front might be a little top heavy so used a 300gms white card base.
For my card I used:-
  • Dreamees A4 sage 300gsm cardstock
  • Dreamees tickled pink paper pad
  • Dreamees woodgrain embossing folder
  • Dreamees Beautiful baby sun stamp/die set
  • Dreamees Wonders Within swirl corner die
  • Dreamees Fretwork Fronds dies
  • Dreamees Endless Possibilities stamp set
  • Dreamees Stylish Shoes stamp set for the sentiment
  • Dreamees MDF window from Craft Magazine mdf set
  • Dreamees Moss
  • Dreamees white sisal
  • Dreamees 4mm coral pearls
  • Dreamees Sparkle Dinky Inkies
  • Dreamees vellum
  • craft card
  • Hobby House flat backed pearl string
  • a strip of 1mm pink organza ribbon
  • white twine
  • 3mm white pearls
  • Small piece of green card & pale green vellum
As I knew that the person I was making this card for loved flowers, there had to be plenty of them, so a cascade of blooms was what I was aiming for. I stamped and heat embossed the Beautiful Babysun flower stamps onto vellum and then used a little watermelon sparkle dinky inky on the petals to highlight the flowers, especially as I had used coral pearls in the centre of the flowers to make them stand out.
For the barrel the flowers sit in, I stamped and decoupaged it onto kraft card, using pinflair glue gel for a little dimension and inking the barrel with some dinky inky in walnut for a more aged effect. The moss was a really good filler around my pot and I then backfilled it with the foliage from the fretwork fronds and babysun die cuts.


I started to add the layers to my card and die cut the Wonders Within Swirl Corner die on the sage panel of card that would sit just off centre of the flower barrel. I added a panel of vellum to the mdf window as I wanted to trap part of the flowers cascading down behind it.

A fine flat backed pearl string along the centre on some pink organza ribbon and the little dragonfly dies die cut from a little piece of silver satin board make them look like a metal embellishment. The sentiment was heat embossed onto vellum from the Dreamees Stylish Shoes stamp set.


As you probably know by now, I don't always put a sentiment on the front of my cards. I did have space to put a happy birthday sentiment but for this lovely lady, this sentiment was more fitting.  

The rest of our design team have also been making some lovely projects this month, along with so many great crafters on our blog every month. It's always lovely to see the inspiration everyone shares. Please use the link below to take you to the blog challenge and thanks for the visit.


Happy Crafting








3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous card. It is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Such a beautiful creation Michelle! Shabneez x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

THank you very much for your lovely comments x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...