blog backbdrop

Saturday 9 January 2021

Winter Birthday

 Today I am sharing a Winter Birthday card made for a friend's birthday and although I was tempted to use hues of frosty blue, I think I had already decided it was going to be the warm Autumnal colours that have really inspired me from the Autumn.



When the Dreamees launched their Shades of Sparkle Ink and Paper Collection, I thought wow, these are amazing, not just because I love their products but the papers and inks are gorgeous and I am not one to buy something just because its new.


When Carol Bignall gave us a peek of their new paper pads on a Facebook live, even though I loved them all the Nice & Toasty paper pad was the one that really stood out to me first, which is unusual as I normally sway towards pink/purple.




I started with an 8x8 kraft card base, using one of the wood grain design papers from the Totally Timber paper pad to place my panels upon.

The design papers are so beautiful, I wanted to show as much of that stunning large bloom as possible, so split the sheet into three equal panels and layered them onto card, inking around the edges with the sparkle inks from the collection. The inks match a lot of the colours in the papers pads too.


For my flowers, I used some textured burgundy colour core card and one of the design paper from the Nice & Toasty paper pad with the flower dies from the Dreamees Loops & Lace collection.


I used the foliage dies also from the Loop & Lace collection with some smooth green card and inked the sparkle dinky inkies on petals of my flowers to give them more tone and highlight. 


As I only had pollen stamen in white, I decided to use the  Honey 2nd gen dinky inkie ink pad to change them to a colour closer to the shade of the flowers. 

I used a mix of gold and olive green Dreamee pearls in the rest of the flowers and an mdf sentiment for the front of the card and a strip of burnt orange organza ribbon.


There are also designs in each paper pad ideal to use for the inserts in your cards. I normally create and print a personal verse but for this card, used one of the Dreamees very early sentiment stamps - The Friendship Dish.


For the box I made for this card, I used the same design paper that inspired me to make the card and made the box using some tangerine cardstock and creating a decorative panel for the inside of my box using the Dreamees poinsettia embossing folder. This embossing folder is definitely one I use all year round.




These papers would also look fabulous on home decor projects too and I'm loving the large lush blooms as well as looking forward to using all my other lovely paper pads that came with this collection of inks.
Enjoy your day, whatever you have planned.
Happy Crafting



5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this card and box are just gorgeous. I love the colours. Take care. Hugs Jackie

aussie aNNie said...

Love this and those papers are lovely too. Your flowers are always spectacular as are your box design. lovely post. xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much ladies x

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and matching box Michelle-love the beautiful B.paper and flowers
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much Carol x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...