blog backbdrop

Thursday 28 January 2021

Chase your dreams birthday card

 Another birthday card share today and this time it's butterflies for a card that was made for my niece.


An A5 card this time and using the Butterflies in Abundance stamp set by the Dreamees, which I have stamped and heat embossed the largest butterfly in the set with gold Wow superfine embossing powder.  I then used the Dreamees dinky inkies sparkle 2nd gen inks to colours them as well as creating the background for my card.


It's not always easy to capture the shimmer in a picture when you want to, but this time, the light must have been just right.


I used the sentiment from the Dream Big stamp set, which I thought was very apt and also heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.

I also used the Dreamees calligraphy alphabet stamp set for her name at the base of the card using gold ink. It's quite faint in the picture but stands out enough on the card to fit in with all the gold highlights on the card. Its a great alphabet stamp set if you want to create words on projects and your handwriting isn't perfect.


I love these inks, they are really versatile and make great backgrounds too. They add enough sparkle and shimmer to your project without it being overpowering.  Use them to re-colour your white pollen stamens to tie in with your projects and I have even used the re-inkers on my natural sisal too.
happy crafting.









6 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card Michelle lve the beautiful butterflies and gold embossing
Carol x

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful

Shabneez said...

Such a pretty card and love that shimmer! Shabneez x

aussie aNNie said...

Super card, awesome colours and image. Michelle I love the butterflies and how you raised the wings, gorgeous card...xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...