blog backbdrop

Tuesday 20 April 2021

Ray of Sunshine birthday

I'm sharing a birthday card that I made for my sister in law today using the Ray of Sunshine paper pad by the Dreamees.


Sunflowers are such a bright happy flower and this paper pad is full of luscious prints to use. On my 8x8 inch 300gsm chocolate card base also from the Dreamees,  I die cut two of the contrasting papers using my square dies from the Fine Filament Portofino collection by Tattered Lace.
Using another sheet of the same sunflower design paper, I backed it onto a piece of thin card and then fussy cut around the larger sunflowers, top and bottom. Then added this to the card as a dimensional panel.


I die cut my topper for my sentiment using the Loops & Lace oval die set and stamped it with the sentiment from the Sweet Sunflower stamp set.

Looking at one of these beautiful design papers and my dies from this stamp and die duo, one of the dies was a really good match for the flowers on one of the papers.


I only needed 3 to really match as the others were going to be layered up as flowers. I cut into some of the petals to give them some shape and inked the tips of the petals with my 2nd gen sparkle honey dinky inkie to tone them. I thought they worked really well.


I had some leaves saved from a previous project that I had stamped on my favourite cream velour card using the stamp set. As these had already been coloured with my dinky inkies, I just needed to add these to my project.

I try to get the most out of my craft products, although saying that we all forget what we have as crafters sometimes but try not to accumulate a lot of the same thing.

You can make some beautiful projects using  The Dreamees paper pads in your crafting and they have been colour matching their sparkle dinky inkies so that they all work together.

Have a good day, whatever your plans are. 
Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous card. It is just so pretty. I love those sunflowers. Have a great evening. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous Michelle and love the beautifulpaper and layered sunflowers
Carol x

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Michelle, I love sunflowers! Your papers and design are lovely, the die cut flowers are a perfect match.
xx

pinky said...

This is such a pretty card, so much to catch the eye. Just love this one Michelle.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much for your lovely comments x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...