blog backbdrop

Monday 5 April 2021

Music script birthday

Today I am sharing a birthday card made for one of my friends using an A5 background music script stamp by The Timber Boutique.

It is also the beginning of a new challenge for us at Daisy Chains and we are running a monochrome theme this month. As with all our challenges, there is also an ATG option.

Using black and cream card to make up my monochrome card this stamp leaves a fabulous crisp image and I added some organza ribbon to define the layers.


For my flowers, I used this stamp on cream paper and then die cut flower shapes using my Dreamees Sweet Sunflowers flower dies and one of the larger flower dies from their Loops & Lace collection also. 

At this point I was really having a play with these dies to see how well the larger Sweet Sunflower dies would make rose-like flowers as I had already made a few with the die from the Loops & Lace collection.  I was really happy with how they turned out.


I didn't have any black pollen stamens which I thought would go well, so I coloured some myself using a Dreamees sparkle 2nd gen dinky inky in lurex. The ink pad needs to be quite juicy and I only gave them one coating, which gave them a more charcoal look and also added a few of their interchangeable Autumn leaves in sage card.

As these flowers are quite full I made a box for the card in cream and black, using up what was left of my music stamped paper for the front of the box.

A simple card to make really. One stamp has created my backing paper for my card as well as the design paper for my flowers. This stamps will also be a great one to use for Christmas too.

The rest of our design team have also been making some lovely projects this month, along with so many great crafters on our blog every month. It's always lovely to see the inspiration everyone shares. Please use the link below to take you to the blog challenge and thanks for the visit.

Happy Crafting!




3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous monochrome card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous monochrome card love the music script stamp and beautiful flowers
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much for your lovely comments x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...