blog backbdrop

Thursday 12 January 2023

Breathe Collection Birthday card

I have made a start on my birthday cards that I need to make this year and was really spoilt for choice, as I have quite a few favourites when it comes to these beautiful digital download collections by Opulence by Design Crafts.

One of my favourite things to make has always been flowers and when saw this digital download collection from Amanda Aitken, I fell in love with it straight away. Amanda is a very talented crafter/designer and so much more. She's worked very hard to create a website with all her own designs and collections.



The Breathe collection comprises of 5 x  A4  PDF sheets - a mix of backing papers, embellishment/collage sheets, and of course the beautiful Dahlia flowers which are so very detailed and easy to cut out, which is important if you have dexterity issues.


I used kraft card for my base and layered it with rose gold textured mirror card. I quite often carry paper through to the back of the card too. I used one of my Tattered Lace dies for my flowers to sit on.

Between the flowers and the square topper, I inserted a blue heart embellishment from the collection which was heat embossed with clear embossing powder to add some texture.


I also added some variegated green ivy leaves also from Amanda's website, in between the flowers. I just added some glossy accents and some copper nail head embellishments to finish off my card.

I just need to make an envelobox for this card, leaving enough space for the flowers, so that  I can be sure they won’t get crushed before I send this card on its way.

Have a great day, whatever you have planned for yourself.

Happy crafting

Challenges:-
Daisy Chains  - ATG
Crafts Galore - ATG  (won DT favourite)
Beautiful Blossoms - Flowers (Winner)

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Michelle! Your card is really a delight, I love blue flowers! Happy 2023, hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Michelle,love the beautiful flowers and B.paper
Carol x

Chris said...

It's a stunner Michelle! Love the way you've used the flowers - such lovely dimension, fabulous backing paper and beautiful colours.
xx

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning design Michelle amazing flowers and Amanda, in my facebook group too, is amazing with her designs... beautiful love this... xx

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Lovely card Thanks for entering you card at Daisy chain Challenges
Geweldige kaart Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Daisy chain Challenges
hugs
Claudia
DT Daisy chain challenges
Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much for your lovely comments x

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Michelle! I have never heard of her designs before so visited her link. She has gorgeous papers and sets! Thanks for the update! Your cards are, of course, beyond beautiful, and a perfect way of helping us kick off our new challenge. The dimension and layers you have achieved are lovely! Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge https://beautifulblossomschallenge.blogspot.com. I hope to see more of your designs soon.
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Donna Walls said...

Oh My Goodness Michelle, this is a gorgeous card! I love the design, papers and especially those blue flowers. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope to see more of your lovely work soon! ❤
Donna xx

Barbara Bruder said...

Your card is stunning. What a great card design and I'm sure your friend will cherish it. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Love to Scrap Challenge Blog and best of luck with your entry.
Barbara DT Member for https://lovetoscrapchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Carole J said...

Oh, this is a gorgeous card! I love the distressed woodgrain background and the layered and shaped blue flowers. They make a perfect focal point with the lovely die cut shapes in the background. I'm going to check this product out via the link you gave :)
Thank you for sharing your lovely project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” January Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments x

Darlene said...

Oh Michelle ... this is absolutely GORGEOUS and the perfect take on our mood board! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Helen said...

Beautifully put together - those flowers are so pretty!

Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Helen x

WOYWW #777

Happy 'What's on Your desk Wednesday!' This is my first contribution to the blog, that I came across the other day, so I thought...