blog backbdrop

Sunday 5 February 2023

90th Birthday card

My friend asked if I could make her a card for her Aunt's 90th Birthday so this is the card that I made.


I have made this style of card before that my friend has chosen and I have die cut the front of the 7 x 7-inch card using a frame die from one of Tattered Lace's Petals of Lace collection.


I have also used the matching charisma papers (which I believe you still can download some free samples from their website for your dies)  to die cut the roses for my decoupaged topper, which isn't too fiddly to do, compared to some.

I stamped and heat embossed both sentiments for the aperture centre but had to rely on die cuts for the rest.


I also used backing papers from the collection that I had and mounted the topper on foam pads so that it would stand proud. I used my sakura gelly roll pen in stardust to highlight areas of the paper to give it a little shimmer.  I can't recommend these pens enough. I'm not a huge fan of using loose glitter, I love my Stickles glitter glue but the pens I use all the time as they give you a little shimmer here and there where sometimes sparkle can be a little too much. Unfortunately, it doesn't always show up in my photos to show you.


As this style of card doesn't really have a place to write your message unless you don't mind it showing through the design, so I made a panel on the back which I think looks a lot neater.


Of course, the card needed a box, so I used some more of the design paper on the front of the box and lined the inside with some plain pink paper, overlayed with an embossed topper using one of the Dreamees embossing folders. I also highlighted areas of the printed paper on the front of the box with my gel pen, which just shows up in the picture above.

What a special birthday to reach and I hope that my friend's Aunt receives lots of cards to mark her memorable day.

I have another project to finish off from last year so hopefully, that will be my next post.
What's on your crafting table today? 
 Have a good day whatever you have planned for yourself.
Happy crafting


Challenges:-
Let's Craft and Create - add a sentiment
Love to craft  - ATG 
Mix it Up - ATG
Allsorts - ATG
Crafty Catz - Female Birthday

17 comments:

Chris said...

It's beautiful Michelle, very elegant with a vintage feel.
I'm sure your friend and her aunt will be delighted - a very special card for a very special birthday.
xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a beautiful card for a special occasion. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Lorraine

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card love the beautiful die-cut roses front and decorated box
Carol x

Cheryl W. said...

Your card is amazing, Michelle. I just love the design of it, too with the pretty aperture. You always do a wonderful job on your cards. I'm sure your friend was impressed!

Donna Ellis said...

What a lovely creation to celebrate your friend’s aunt’s birthday. I’m sure she was proud to give it to her, and her aunt was delighted to receive such a dear card. Beautiful! hugs, de

brenda said...

This is just beautiful and I am sure the lady will love it, many thanks for joining in with our 'A.G with an I love....' option at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Dena J said...

Gorgeous boxed card! Those dies are quite intricate. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Uschi said...

Your card and matching box are so adorable. So elegant and so vintage. I really admire your project.
Great die cut roses. It must have been a lot of work. And such a great design. Your friend's aunt will be very happy.
I am very happy that you are sharing your wonderful creation with the Everybody Art Challenge.
Hug Uschi

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty card to celebrate a special milestone! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Valerie-Jael said...

So beautiful, I hope I get such a lovely card when I'm 90 - or perhaps sooner! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow! What a beauty! I'm sure your friend's aunt will absolutely love it! Thank you so much for joining in the fun with Everybody Art Challenge with this lovely 90th birthday card! Hugs, Lesley

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Such a beautiful and clever card Michelle. I bet this will be a treasure to keep.
Faith x

Carole J said...

Michelle, this is a stunning card and a work of art! I love the vintage feel of the roses and the beautiful scripted paper you used inside. I'm sure the lady will be delighted with her card in a box for her milestone birthday. It looks like a lot of work and love went into this. Well done!
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” February Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. Love the flowers and the layout. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thanks so much for all your wonderful comments x

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! This is amazing and so beautiful! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Michelle. Love all the roses.
Thanks so much for joining us for our Anything Goes plus the option of Say What? (use a Sentiment) Challenge #192 at Let's Craft and Create for February 2023.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions

WOYWW #777

Happy 'What's on Your desk Wednesday!' This is my first contribution to the blog, that I came across the other day, so I thought...