blog backbdrop

Monday 27 February 2023

Graceful Gerbera Birthday Card

A quick little card to share today, another birthday card made in advance for my neighbour who loves flowers so I thought that this card would be perfect for her.


I loved the large beautiful white gerberas on this Graceful  Gerberas kit, they really jump out of the papers and topper in this kit by Opulence by Design Crafts. There is a selection of toppers and sentiments along with a set of pink/cream backing/collage papers for you to choose from.


I've been stocking up on my paper too since I have been using more downloadable crafting. I use an Epson Eco tank colour printer which I have been very happy with as I find it very economical on ink and for printing and for a while I have been using A4 Navigator white paper (250 sheets) for colour documents (in the orange wrapper) which is 120gsm.

It's a nice smooth paper, lovely for flower making and I buy it from Wilkos which often has it on offer. It is very popular though.  The other slightly thicker card I use is Hobbycrafts A4 white smooth card 160gsm (100 pack). Lovely for toppers. I think you have to try a few out and see what works for you.

There are lots of different texture papers around that these papers would look gorgeous printed onto.


I used an 8 x 8 card base for my card and used a ribbon threader die so that I could weave a little rose taffeta wired ribbon under the topper. I also used my stardust gel pen to highlight the gold splatters already on the design and added a matching insert inside my card.

My neighbour is so kind, when she gardens, she digs up little clumps of pinks, lilies french marigolds or whatever is growing in her garden at the time that she thinks I might like and pops them on my doorstep. Her husband used to do the gardening but unfortunately, that's down to her now.

I'm looking forward to getting back into my garden and sorting my little greenhouse out.
If you've been crafting, what's on your craft table this week?  

Happy crafting



Challenges:-

Allsorts - ATG (option matching) - matching insert
Let's Craft and Create - Use a Sentiment
Crafty Calendar - Add ribbon





17 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful papers, colours and design- the gerberas are stunning!
xx

brenda said...

A beautiful floral card, those flowers look almost real, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Liz said...

A lovely floral card, the Gerberas are beautiful. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
Liz xx

Dena J said...

Stunning floral images! I would have thought they were layered. Quite amazing. Thank you for sharing your card at Allsorts.

Jan Mahew said...

Love the soft color palette, Michelle! Thank you for sharing your beautiful Blossoms with us at "Beautiful Blossoms". I hope you will join us again.
Hugs,
Jan

Diane said...

Gorgeous inside and out!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card and design,I love the beautiful Gerberas-what a kind neighbour
Carol x

Donna Ellis said...

How utterly gorgeous, Michelle! Those scallops around the edge are the perfect complement to your Gerberas! It's always a pleasure seeing how crafters are inspired by the Mood Board at our challenge. Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. I hope to see more of your designs soon.
Crafting Hugs,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a very beautiful card Michelle

gr karin

LOU said...

Beautiful card Michelle. Love the gerberas.
Thanks so much for joining us for our Anything Goes plus the option of Say What? (use a Sentiment) Challenge #192 at Let's Craft and Create for February 2023.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions

Linby said...

So pretty and life like too. Thanks so much for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

Uschi said...

Stunning Birthday Card. These gerberas just look like they are real flowers. Great design paper and a great layout. I like the golden sparks to highlight some parts.
Thank you for sharing with the Everybody Art Challenge.
Hug Uschi

Darlene said...

OH WOW! What a BEAUTIFUL creation! Simply lovely! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Bonnie said...

Oh how I love the way you do flowers. I sent you an email asking you to help me make these but it bounced back. Your neighbor is so blessed to have you.

Donna Walls said...

Beautiful Daisies and the card is so dimensional. Your neighbor will love it and Happy Birthday to her. Thanks for sharing with us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment and thanks for your email Bonnie I did get it and hope your got mine Michelle x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh that neighbor of your is a treasure indeed and you have made her a spectacular card! So happy you played with us at Beautiful Blossoms this month and hoping to see you again! XOX, Aimeslee DT

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...