blog backbdrop

Thursday 16 February 2023

Say it with flowers

 Another birthday card to share with you today made for a friend.


I used a 7 x7 inch card blank for this card as I knew I could fit my one of my favourite lacy panel dies perfectly on it from my Tattered Lace stash.


I chose this Happy Birthday Cardmaking Topper collection from Opulence by Design because I love the flowers and the colours in this kit go so well with these beautiful toppers too. 

As I have mentioned before, I find these flowers easy to cut out.  They don't have a solid cut line around the petals which allows you to give them a more natural shape rather than following a hard line. 

This set comes with two more plain A4 pain papers which I'm saving for another project and I am using a shade of green from my stash for the background on this card.


I used a stardust gelly roll pen to add highlights to the middle of the flowers and added gold prills to the centres. This was a tip that I picked up from Amanda Aitken, in one of her YouTube videos. I also added some rose petals from her website too. Give them a little scrunch and they look so life like and have become so handy when I've needed foliage to accompany my flowers. 


On the green layer of paper, I splattered it with some of my treasured gold dinky inky Reinker by The Dreamees to leave a hint of gold behind on the paper itself which already had a faux texture on it.


The fact that I can resize the toppers and flowers from this kit to fit what I want to make stretches this kit further and it becomes a kit that never runs out.   I can add to this as everything I use works with it, which is why I have been using more downloadable crafting, it suits how I craft now.

If you are interested in more inspiration from Opulence by Design and love making flowers as I do you can follow her on  Youtube https://www.youtube.com/@opulencebydesign/featured

If you've crafting, what's on your craft table this week?  Have a great rest of the week.

Happy crafting


Challenges:-
Paper Funday - ATG/Lots of Layers
Unicorn - Birthday 


16 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous birthday day love the beautiful lacy panel background and flowers
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous birthday card. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

HilaryJane said...

Lots of lovely detail and interest on this one. Love the colours and those flowers too. Thanks for visiting me and leaving me 2 lovely comments xx

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Awesome birthday card! Love your flowers - so delicate.
Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.
Hugs - Mariann

Cheryl W. said...

Oh my goodness, your card is so beautiful, Michelle. The elegant lacy panel and pretty flowers really make it special. Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation!

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is stunning. Love the colors, your choice of background die and the floral arrangement. Am your new follower. Love your work
Cheers, Dr Sonia

Donna Walls said...

Absolutely gorgeous color combo and a very pretty card for a Birthday. Thanks for playing along at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope to see more of your lovely projects soon!
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Chris said...

A beautiful birthday card, the lace diecut and flowers are gorgeous and such lovely colours.
xx

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

stampinwithanita said...

Lovely lovely card in an unusual size! Such great 3 dimension! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Michelle! Your die cuts are just lovely, and so are the papers and arrangement of your friend's birthday card (hope she enjoys many more!) It's always a pleasure seeing how crafters are inspired by the Mood Board at our challenge. Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. I hope to see more of your designs soon.
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Donna Walls said...

I'm popping back by to say Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! This is stunning, I love your lacy border with the beautiful flowers and the beautiful colour mix.
Faith x

Jan Mahew said...

Beautiful composition, Michelle! The layers and the handmade flowers are perfect for "Beautiful Blossoms". Thank you for sharing your elegant creation with us at "Beautiful Blossoms". Hope you will join us again.
Hugs,
Jan

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge February "ATG".
Ileanaxx

Helen said...

Beautiful design - love your colours and your flowers are gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...