blog backbdrop

Thursday 16 March 2023

Vintage Birthday card

Sharing another birthday card, made for a friend. I think I am up to date on my cards for now and can take a bit of a break from cardmaking.


I wanted to make something a little bit different, so opted for a vintage look using a vintage flapper girl postcard that I spotted and was allowed to download on Pinterest. 

I used cream card and a square-shaped die along with a ribbon threader die to create the card base.


I thought that some of the papers from the Graceful Gerbras collection by Opulence by Design would work perfectly with my card and the pretty gerbera paper was printed onto white pearlescent paper from Crafters Companion that I have had in my stash for ages.
I also used one of my Tattered Lace frame dies from my stash which I die cut from a textured rose gold matte mirror card.


I like to sit and cut out my flowers whilst watching TV and then I know that I always have flowers on hand for my projects and when I am trying to decide what to use. I use a lot of smaller flowers so find it very handy to downsize enough blooms to cut out and have ready to craft with.

The flowers that I have used are a mix of pinks from Steampunk Florals along with leaves, Blue Dahlias from the Breathe collection, and rose leaves all by Opulence by Design.

I've used a mix of Stickles glitter glue and glossy accent in the centre of my flowers for different textures and I edged my petals with a Treasure gold dinky inky ink pad by The Dreamees. I use this ink pad and reinker a lot in my crafting and not sure whether The Dreamees will bring this set of sparkle dye-based essential inks back into stock.  Some of the petals I went over with a stardust gelly roll pen for a little more highlight.


Inside my card I added a coordinating insert from the paper kit, adding a little shimmer to the papers with my gelly roll pen.


To the rim of the hat of my Vintage lady, I added 3 small flowers that I thought nestled just nicely on her hat. My card has been threaded with white organza ribbon and embellished with small white pearls.

Have a great day whatever you have planned for yourself and if you've been crafting, what's been your craft table this week?  

Happy crafting


Challenges:-

Daisy Chains - Flowers
Beautiful Blossoms - Flowers 
Triple B - Blooms
Love to Scrap - ATG (Winner)
Fab'n'Funky - Vintage/Retro

25 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous card, Michelle, have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Mellzcraftz said...

such a gorgeous vintage style card - I love all the flowers and the texture created with the patterned papers and die cuts. Just amazing! Thank you for sharing and for taking part in the polkadoodles digi choosday challenge. Happy Crafting! Mel x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Vintage card and image Michelle love all the layers,dies and flowers
carol x

Chris said...

A beautiful image, fabulous design and gorgeous flowers, love the vintage look! This fits perfectly with our Retro/Vintage Challenge at Fab'n' Funky if you fancy linking up!
xx

stampinwithanita said...

Amazing! I can't get over all the layers, techniques, glitz and glam to this card!
Thank you for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Darlene said...

What a gorgeous vintage creation! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Triple B
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

brenda said...

Sure your friend will love this, the Art Deco image is lovely and so prettily e

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog

Donna Walls said...

Absolutely stunning card! I love vintage images and this one is lovely, as is the layers and elements. Thanks for playing along at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We enjoy seeing everyone's lovely projects.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
<a href="https://inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com/>Inspiration Station Challenge</a>

Chris said...

Hi Michelle- me again! Thank you for linking up to Fab'n' Funky, this gorgeous card really is a perfect fit for our Retro/Vintage Challenge.
Chris
x

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous vintage card Michelle

gr karin

Bonnie said...

Oh how I love the layers and especially the rose gold frame. Brilliant.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, all very much appreciated x

Cheryl W. said...

Your card is exquisite, Michelle. I've never been able to accomplish the vintage look, but you're an expert at it! I love seeing your creations, because they are all so inspiring.

Linby said...

A gorgeous make. You've combined the elements so well to make a fab card.

Carol L said...

This is an absolutely stunning vintage creation with beautiful details!
Thanks for sharing with the first Triple B challenge. (Carol L, GD)

Sheryl said...

This is beautiful.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Brenda said...

I hate to over use a word, but stunning is exactly what your card is! This is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it with us over at CRAFT Challenge (and thanks for your visit to my blog!).

Carole J said...

This is a stunning vintage card, Michelle! The die cut frame is perfect and looks lovely on top of the fancy edged mat layers. I love the fussy cut flowers and especially those on her hat.

Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” March Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Donna Ellis said...

I don't know if this was a simple black and white "flapper" photo you downloaded, or if you added the pastel colors to work with those flowers, but the effect is striking! My grandma was a flapper LOL. I love that you make your flowers and have them on hand - a true flower lover! The interior is just as lovely!
Wishing you a great week!
hugs,
de

Jackie C said...

This is a great project!
We always love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT

Claudia's kaartjes said...

This is gorgous Thanks for entering you card at Daisy Chain Challenge
Wauw,super tof Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Daisy Chain Challenge
hugs
Claudia
DT Daisy Chain Challenge
Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/
https://girlzmakesguyzcards.blogspot.com/

pinky said...

Wow Michelle this is absolutely stunning. You finish all your projects off so beautifully and so professionally!

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at Let's Craft and Create :)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com/http://

Helen said...

Beautiful - the colours you've chosen go so well with the photo.

Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Birthday Card #brave

A quick share today: two cards I made towards the end of last year but not shared. I used the same fabulous stamp by Visible Image and just...