blog backbdrop

Wednesday 2 August 2023

Floral Gothic Arch Birthday Card

I'm really excited to be a Guest Designer this month over on the Paper Funday Challenges where the challenge is an Anything Goes with an Optional Twist of The Great Outdoors.


For my daughter's birthday card this year, I thought I would go with something a little different. I started with an A5 card base using a piece of A4 Centura Pearl 300gsm snow white card stock by Crafters Companion.

I used a white acrylic mousse through a Pretty Script stencil by Pretty Gets Gritty and as this dries quite quickly I was then able to highlight the text and later fill in the background with a touch of Art Alchemy metallique rose gold wax.


Before I could add the gothic arch, it needed to be die cut a few times from white card and stuck together to form a substrate to add more mediums onto.  The Pretty Gothic Window die set by Pretty Gets Gritty also comes with a smaller window and a set of brick wall dies that are really handy for your projects. 

I painted my gothic arch first with white gesso and then added sand texture paste to give it a more aged look. I also rubbed in a little patina blue Art Alchemy antiquing matte wax to highlight the sand texture and to add some highlight to the arch.


I added a few of my bricks die cuts in white Centura Pearl card stock, I thought they looked like a rustic broken wall and I then started to add my flowers up the aged gothic arch. These are a mix of pink and blue dahlias from collections by Opulence by Design along with the Variegated ivy leaves.
I also made the rolled roses and added the smaller die cut flowers to add more volume.


I didn't think a birthday sentiment looked right on the front and quite often I don't add one if I don't think that there is a place for one, so I added a little 'with love' in the centre which fitted in nicely and I put a personalised sentiment inside to finish the card off.
The little droplets in the background of the card are glossy accent, I've also used it as dew drops on the petals of my flowers too.


Have a look a some of the great inspiration over on Paper Funday this month and why not enter the challenge too!

What have you been making? or have you just been enjoying spending time outdoors.
Have a great day whatever you have planned for yourself.

Happy crafting


Challenges:-
Beautiful Blossoms - Flowers 
Love to Scrap -ATG ( Top Pick)
Mix It Up - ATG
Allsorts - Anything but Square 




19 comments:

brenda said...

A beautifully crafted card for your Daughters Birthday, I am sure she loved it.

B x

KarinsArtScrap said...

Michelle this is gorgeous

gr karin

Donna Walls said...

Thanks for joining us this month at The Paper Funday Challenge as Guest Designer. Your birthday card is gorgeous and I'm certain your daughter loved it.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms
Inspiration Station Challenge

Chris said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Michelle, the card you made for your daughter is very beautiful.
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Michelle, this card is an absolute DREAM! I love it. It is really precious and a wonderful gift for your daughter! Hugs, Valerie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lots of fabulous texture and details on this beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Cheryl W. said...

This is an amazing card! Those flowers spilling down the side of the cathedral arch are so beautiful. I love the texture you've added to the background, too. So many details that come together to create this beauty!!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunningly designed card for your daughter I love the whole concept xx

Linby said...

This is so beautiful. Love how you combined the different elements, in particular the bricks with the window. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts.

Ellibelle said...

Such wonderful details on this gorgeous card! Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Gothic arch love all the beautiful flowers and embossed script-your Daughter will love it
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

PH! This is Gorgeous Michelle. I love your selection of beautiful flowers and the stunning textured background. I'm sure your daughter loved her card and knows how much work went into it. Congratulations on your GDT, well deserved.
Faith x

Sarah said...

That's a really beautiful card, so much detail and texture. Thank you for joining in at Allsorts this fortnight. Sarah DT

Liz said...

Super card, lovely design. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this month.
Liz xx

mamawcindy said...

Your card is beautiful Michelle, I'm sure your daughter will treasure it. Hope you're doing well.

Aimeslee Winans said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
XOX, Aimeslee

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments x

Brenda said...

Michelle, this is gorgeous! The background looks as if you have etched on metal and those flowers! Absolutely gorgeous!

Tone K. said...

So beautiful card! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...