blog backbdrop

Tuesday 26 March 2024

Easter Cards




This is a huge kit, comprising of 25 x A4 pages from topper, tags, panels, card front designs, flower forming sheets, leaves to sentiments, bows, floral inserts and backing papers.
Have a peek at the sample of just what is in this kit as I have only used a fraction of it.

My first Easter card is a diamond flip shaped card and I used a 8 x 8 inch white card base that had unfortunately been squashed in my draw but as it was going to be chopped up it came in very handy.


I used one of the toppers from the kit and some square dies from my stash to die cut the layers for the diamond flip topper. I layered it up with the purple block paper from the kit and then a piece of gold satin mirror board.



Inside the card I've added a posy of flowers to accompany the insert and added a few leaves too. I have also added this to the front of the card too.


I've used one of the sentiments and added shimmer to my card and blooms using
my Sakura stardust gel pens. This card measures 8 x 6 inches.




My second Easter card is a hexagonal stair stepper and when I saw the hexagonal topper sheet, it inspired me to make a stepper card.  My card measures 11 x 6 inches.



I used the purple block paper on the panel of my card, as I thought it would really make the toppers pop. I then die cut my toppers using hexagonal dies to create the layers and then mounted them on foam tape to add a little dimension.

I also decoupaged the flowers on the toppers and added two of the bows to the largest topper. Using my sparkle gel pens, I've highlighted around the flowers.



My card folds flat but I have made an envelobox  for it as I did add a little dimension on the toppers.


I've left a space on the back for the message.


My third Easter card is a double staggered Z fold card  and this one measures 9 x 6 inches.
I cut one of the insert sheets into strips and then layered them onto the yellow card strips
that were to form the front of my card.
I've added a few tulips in the corner and two of the purple bows for a little dimension.



I used one of the beautiful floral sheets for the centre panel of my card.



This card will also go flat into an envelope and I have added an insert on the back for me to write a sentiment. 
This is a bumper kit that will cover so many occasions to take you through the year.


It's really easy to add sparkle and shimmer your cards and projects made from these kits. I have a growing collection of Stickles glitter glue but I also love using Sakura stardust gel pens. They are really effective for outlining the edges of your projects as well as highlighting detail too.

There is much inspiration for card styles and folds on Mix It Up Craft by Sam Calcott and lots of these you don't need even need to use dies for. 

If you would like to check out Amanda's YouTube Channel for cardmaking, flower making and inspirational craft videos  you can find her gallery here or even follow on Instagram:  
Flower making has always been one of my favourite things.


Have a great day,  whatever you have planned for yourself.

Happy Crafting



Challenges:-

Little Red Wagon - Florals   (Featured Project)
Creative fingers -AG
Crafty Calendar - more than 1 fold 

20 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Such beautiful cards, Michelle. I love anemones, and these are gorgeous. Your cards are such special folds, too. Whoever receives these, receives a gift!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A stunning card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT Penny's Challenge

Liz said...

Three fabulous cards Michelle, I love all the different folds you’ve used. Thank you for sharing your first card in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
Liz xx

Chris said...

Wow Michelle, these look amazing, such lovely folds and the papers are beautiful, you've done that craft kit justice!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cards and folds Michells,love the beautiful anemone papers.
Carol x

Chrissy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card and I love the folds and creativity of them all and the floral are just beautiful..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, what a fantastic set of floral Easter cards and fun folds are awesome... what a great kit. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards with us at Double Trouble and Beautiful Blossoms.

Donna Walls said...

Wow Michelle, you've created 3 stunning card and the folds are so unique and lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Darlene said...

OMG ... these are AMAZING and absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Linby said...

WOW! Amazing creations and all so beautiful too.

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Beautiful work! I appreciate how much work you put to it!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
~ DT Dagmara

Pamela Duncan said...

I've never seen anything like this - just stunning! Thanks for joining us on the Classic Design Challenge ~ Pam, DT

Melanie R said...

Great way to showcase those lovely patterned papers! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble #162.

Kellianne said...

That digital floral is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and the fulness and I love the creative folds! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble! :)

aussie aNNie said...

This is beautiful design and stunning overall with great coloring of the image. ♥
Sorry for MIA, had a house full over Easter for a week xx

Sally H said...

Beautiful! great designs and I love the colours!

Helen said...

Fabulous cards and great fancy folds.

Thanks for joining us at the Creative Fingers Challenge Blog.

Helen x
DT

Aimeslee Winans said...

Stunning folds and blossoms!
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
xoxo, Aimeslee DT

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, which are always appreciated x

Angela said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle...... great fancy folds! Thank you for the inspiration.

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...