blog backbdrop

Wednesday 12 June 2024

Fairy Themed ATCs Woyww #784

Sharing a set of Fairy themed ATC cards made for a craft group monthly swap using the Gecko Galz Pixie Dream land digital download Kit.


I wanted to make use of as many of these beautiful fairy images that I could as they work perfectly for projects like this.

I'm linking up again this week with What's on your workdesk Wednesday (woyww#784) which is now being hosted by Sarah Brennan (Sarah's Craft shed) follow the link if you are interested to see what like minded folk have been up to and here is a link to the original Stamping Ground about WOYW


A bit more to show you this time, what was on my desk whilst making this project. Apart from knowing what images I wanted to use and cutting them out, the rest was a case of pulling random items out of draws and boxes that I liked the look of and seeing whether I intended to use any of it.


I only wanted to highlight the images and decorate around the edges. I added a touch of luna gold fusion ink to all their  wings and hunters gold around the edges of the card, which gave the card a lovely metallic green glow. I added a little silky satin wool to finish. 

I sometimes manage to pick the wool up in charity shops. I'm fortunate to find random balls of beautiful wool or thread like this, probably left over from a project which is a great lucky find to craft with!


With this card, I added some henna mica flakes in between the seed beads, glossy accents and some fine rainbow thread.


On my final card I used the sparkly black twilight thread and added a little hunters gold through parts of the tread. I've also added one of the larger iridescent floral beads with the smaller ones.




My ATC cards needed a little folder which I made from a piece of card.  I had some leafy paper from my crafty stash that covered it nicely and added a sentiment across the front of the image before printing .

I popped the little embellishment that I had previously made inside the folder with my cards, as I thought that it fit the theme perfectly.


The butterfly was from the  Butterfly Wings Digital Collage Set.



I enjoy making ATC cards and these have been fun to make too. There are loads of inspiration on Gecko Galz blog along with links to their DT for you to follow. Have a look at their challenges and all the wonderful free inspiration available for you to download along with details on where to buy their kits too.

Have a great day,  whatever you have planned for yourself.


15 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Michelle what beautiful images as you said and you've showcased them beautifully, well done on your creativity.
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well for 2024!
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Mary Anne said...

Aren't those pretty? Angela uses the GG images too and I really love what she has done with them before. every time I see them I think I should explore them more then I kinda forget...till I see them again LOL! Your little folder is sweet too, and a great way to both display them and protect them in the mail.
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

Lynnecrafts said...

Beautiful fairy cards, and I loved reading how you embellished them step by step.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xx

Neet said...

You are so right, those images are beautiful. Perfect for fairy themed ATC's and you have made some beauties there. I like the idea of the little holder for you to put them in, makes a perfect addition.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATC set and folder you made,love the absolutely beautiful Fairy images,touches of gold and threads, the p.paper goes with perfectly.
Carol x

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

They've turned out great and I absolutely LOVE that sentiment about what's inside every fairy! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #10

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Those images are gorgeous and you finished them off just right. I find it very difficult to add anything to something so beautiful so well done. Sending you best wishes for a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x11x

Lindart said...

Beautiful fairy cards, and you've highlighted them wonderfully! Perfect! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #16

Chris said...

Gorgeous ATCs, love those fairies!
xx

Helen said...

What beautiful images! you've adapted them so well. Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Annie said...

I really love those little fairies and what you've done with them.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Crafting With Jack said...

Love what you have done to those images. They are all lovely and have given me ideas. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Sarah Brennan said...

Love how you enhanced those images for the ATCs Michelle. Such a great storage booklet too. Stay safe and thanks for joining in with WOWYW. Sarah

BJ said...

Super ATCs the fairy images are delightful and I love all the accents you find for them especially the yarns. Adore all the Gecko Gals stuff just haven't the time at the moment, but it will come. Hugs BJ#1

Linby said...

These are just beautiful and a fab storage book for them too.

Fairy Themed ATCs Woyww #784

Sharing a set of Fairy themed ATC cards made for a craft group monthly swap using the  Gecko Galz   Pixie Dream land digital download Kit. I...