blog backbdrop

Wednesday 5 June 2024

Ninjago Birthday card WOYWW #783

 Sharing a Ninjago themed birthday card made for a special young man. 


It's my usual What's on your workdesk Wednesday (woyww#783) which is now being hosted by Sarah Brennan (Sarah's Craft shed) follow the link if you are interested to see what like minded folk have been up to and here is a link to the original Stamping Ground about WOYWW


Not much to show on my desk this week, but this was the inspiration for the card that I have made. A decorated  Ninja stone that sits in my garden by the bench with a few others.

I came across a themed birthday invitation on Pinterest  and thought that it would make a cool birthday card.  I found a free set of the printable eyes, also on Pinterest to use for my card, and added a little glossy accents to the centres for some dimension.

I used an A4 textured sheet of red card to create my card base and just printed off an image with the Lego Ninjago shuriken and golden sword in it  for my embellishments, as I wanted the likeness to be as close as possible. 

Once cut out I stuck these onto cardboard and my shuriken was heat embossed with clear embossing powder and my sword was edged with gold gilding wax.


Inside, I have added a yellow panel of cardstock to match the eyes, to complete my card and my sentiment will be written on the back where I have also added a panel for that.


Along the edges of the black bands I also added some black peel offs that I found in my stash for a bit more definition.

This one was quite fun to make and didn't take long either.


"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Have a great rest of your week,  whatever you have planned for yourself.

Happy Crafting


Challenges:





15 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Those are freaking adorable! Love the rock, and the card is brilliant. So creative. I like the dotty rocks too.
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (1)

Helen said...

Great work ! Happy woyww Helen #2

crafty-stamper said...

Love the fabulous themed card and your decorated Ninja stone-brilliant.
Carol x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the Ninjago cards! The eyes peeking through are just genius, it’ll be a hit for sure. I remember Ninjago when my boys were small (now 31 and 28) so they’ve been going for some time. The pebble is also great fun, I really enjoyed seeing your crafting today, thank you.
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Chris said...

That's just brilliant Michelle- a fabulous design and very original!
Love your Ninja pebble too!
xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Michelle, I am loving the cards they are so much fun. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x12x

Sarah Brennan said...

That is such a cute themed birthday card Muichelle. i love the inspiration for it too. Stay safe and thanks for joining in with WOYWW. Sarah

Crafting With Jack said...

Always happy to see something new. Ninjargo! I have heard of Ninja. Great card and I like the stone too. Happy WOYWW. Angela #16

Alyson Mayo said...

What a cool idea with the eyes peeking out! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

BJ said...

Love the ninja themed card and especially the stone. Super jobs. Hugs BJ#7

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

What a great card! I bet the young recipient will love it. So sorry for the late visit! I got distracted part way through my list - oops! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #13

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a fabulous fun and clever card Michelle. Love the stone too. x

Melanie Hungerford said...

How cute and creative! What would we do without Pinterest!? Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

Makira said...

πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’› this! Saw this at the Double Trouble Challenge and came over for a look! Love your Ninjago card! CAS done to perfection! I haven't seen those Legos in a few years. 🎨🌈🎒✨ Have a great weekend!

Cheers, Makira

https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/

https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

Suzanne Reynolds said...

So cool and love the personalization to your recipeient for the ninja card... adorable and fun. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Double Trouble.

Fairy Themed ATCs Woyww #784

Sharing a set of Fairy themed ATC cards made for a craft group monthly swap using the  Gecko Galz   Pixie Dream land digital download Kit. I...