blog backbdrop

Saturday 5 May 2018

Mischievous Monkeys Birthday Card

My DT card this month was made for Daisy Chains challenges.  The theme this month is Animal Fun and I  thought my Mischievous Monkeys stamp set by the Dreamees would be perfect for this 2 year olds birthday card.












This is what I used to make my card:-

  • Dreamees Mischievous Monkeys Stamp set
  • Dreamees backing papers from thieir Mischievous Monkeys, Gorgeous Giraffes & Sweet sunflowers CD
  • Dreamees dinky Inkies Spring Summer/ Autumn Winter collections
  • Dreamees velour cream textured paper
  • The Works Driftwood paper pad
  • A4 Cream card for the card base
  • A5 kraft card for layering 
  • Cosmic Shimmer pva glue/ Pinflair glue gel
Lots of  Dreamees products are also available from Create & Craft 




Striped paper from Mischievous monkeys, floral from Sweet Sunflowers, spotty & palm trees from the Gorgeous Giraffes CD. I have printed them off in pale and moss green to coordinate with my card.



I found a free palm tree template on Pinterest and used this as the main topper for my card.  I discovered this  6 x 6 inch driftwood card pack in the Works. A lovely selection of sturdy card and ideal for the bark of my tree.



After printing the tree onto card I used it as a template for the palm tree backing paper and driftwood card to stick to my tree template.  I then edged the tree in coordinating mossy green and pale brown dinky inkies.



To make the inside of the card a little more interesting I used one of the backing papers from the Dreamees Gorgeous Giraffes cd for the insert and printed a verse on it.




I couldn't resist this new paper by the Dreamees. This cream velour paper is 120gsm and has a lovely felt texture to it.  You can print onto it, stamp on it with your water based dinky inkies, which takes and blends the ink really well. The only thing I haven't done with it yet is emboss it.  I would definitely recommend you try this paper which was purchased from Create & Craft. 



Its really difficult to show you the texture of this card but I can show you how well it stamps and the ink blends onto it.  Above I have used yellow for the bananas, a beige/brown for the face etc.. from the dinky inkies spring summer collection. The monkey was stamped with a darker brown and the same colour was used for the main body, leaving the paler pink for the mouth from the autumn winter collection.  


This particular monkey had a few drops of glossy accent added to its eyes.








These are the ultimate collection of the inks which are a fabulous collection of jucy water based inks.
As you know I am not a fan of colouring but I now really enjoy colouring with inks, whether that be my dinky inkies, their new pearlescent inks, Tim Holtz distress inks & oxides or mica powders.  Just make sure you have a good paint brush or water brush.



If you are using the Dreamees blending solution with their waterbrushes, just remember you only need 2 or 3 drops at the most.  This blending solution goes a long way.




As I was blending colours onto my velour paper to experiment with the shades for my monkeys i used them to paper piece my monkeys for my card. Normally I would just have stamped and coloured each monkey.

Another reason to use this paper was for the texture. I wanted my monkeys to be touchy feely as it was a child's card.



I also used a couple of the smallest stamps in the set for some background stamping on the backing papers. The papers were layered up onto the kraft card before glueing to the cream base card. It was finished off with a foam number and a little glossy accent.



I hope you've enjoyed my Monkey card tutorial 

Happy Crafting































2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Was sure I had commented on the this brilliant card Michelle? Love all the cute little monkeys and great palm tree -great step by step too
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Carol, much apreciated x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...