blog backbdrop

Friday 18 May 2018

Sketched Card

My DT card this month was made for the  Let's Craft and Create challenge.  The theme this month is lace, ribbon and twine.  I decided to go with something different this month.  I based my card on a sketch I made, adding some pressed daisies from my garden.











This is what I used to accompany the sketch for my card:-
  • 5  x  7  kraft card blank  (mine just happened to be by Papermania
  • The Works Driftwood paper pad 
  • A script embossing folder
  • The Dreamees pearlescent dinky inky in beige beauty (also available from Create & Craft)
  • The Dreamees velour paper (also purchased from Create and Craft)
  • cream lace, daisy trim and two cream ribbons
  • pressed daisies
  • a glittered brad and a couple of coordinating pearls




It's been a long time since I did any sketching, something I used to do all the time when I was growing up. I had always enjoyed drawing. My handmade by stamp and watermark for my pictures was based on a simple sketch, which was made up for me by the talented Hayley Bignall of The Dreamees.



I do love a bit of textured paper/cardstock and my favourite textured card at the moment is this cream velour card by The Dreamees. It feels like velvet, inks and stamps really well and can go through the printer too I believe.  I have embossed this piece with the script embossing folder and then with a dauber/sponge gently inked the card with the beige beauty pearlescent dinky inky ink pad.  This ink pad looks deceiving. On white paper its like a shimmery creamy beige.  When the ink dries you can really see the shimmer across the raised parts of the script.  I have edged the torn edges of the sketch also using the same ink pad.



Another paper pad I'm really liking at the moment is the Driftwood paper pad (a good weight of card actually) from The Works.  I was looking for a more rustic look to this card.  I found a lovely collection of lace and ribbon in my local charity shop which were offcuts bagged up into small bags.  Just perfect for cards and projects that you just need a small amount for and at a fraction of the cost of a craft shop.  Always worth a look from time to time to see what they have....I always find something I think I can use for a project.  The kraft card base has been cut down slightly, just so that my sketch would fit more centrally on the card.

I also wanted to keep this card fairly simple, no words, sometimes words are not needed.
I have so many daisies in my garden pushing through, so I thought they would fit perfectly onto my card, pressed and captured in time.

Take a look over on our blog Challenge page Let's Craft and Create where you will see the rest of the Design Team projects for this month the opportunity for you to enter your makes too. There is a gift voucher up for grabs for the winner.

Happy Crafting







2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and lace Michelle love the rustic look and added pressed daisies-The Works have some brilliant pads more like card than paper-easily as good if not better quality than TH pads
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks Carol and yes you are certainly right there and at a fraction of the cost x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...