blog backbdrop

Monday 3 September 2018

Sympathy Card

 Today's share is a sympathy card made using the Tattered Lace Gilded Cross die. as a central focus on the card.



Some cards can be a challenge to make as you can't always find the correct materials for the occasion and I find sympathy cards are one of them.


I wanted to keep this card quite simple and have used the following to make this card:-

  • A4 centura pearl white cardstock
  • Tattered Lace Gilded Cross die
  • Tattered Lace Moroccan Trellis die
  • Hunkydory rainbow mirri card
  • Hunkydory matt silver adorable scorable card (for the cross)
  • A small piece of green/white card for the flowers on the die
  • stamped sentiment.
  • White crushed satin ribbon
  • Few pearls to decorate



The gilded cross die has been decoupaged for dimension as it is the central focus on the card and I have die cut the flower and leaves to layer over the top of the die for the white lilies.

Inside my card, I have used a  personalised verse.  It's always difficult to know what to say in a sympathy card and  I often don't like the verses very much that are in cards so prefer to make my own.

Happy Crafting.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

A lovely card for such a sad occasion

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Very kind, thank you Kathy x

crafty-stamper said...

A beautiful sympathy card and even beautiful dies
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you so much Carol for all your comments x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...