blog backbdrop

Thursday 13 September 2018

Tattered Lace Halloween Collection - DT Samples

Following the launch of the Tattered Lace Halloween collection on Create & Craft, I have some sample cards and makes to share with you.

 I had the following dies to work with:-

  • Creepy Corners
  • Merlin
  • Halloween Tuck Ins
  • Spiders Mesh

Creepy Corners




This card has been matt & layered with foam pads onto a pale orange background using the Dreamees velour paper which has been coloured with Tim Holtz spiced marmalade distress ink.  This paper has a fabulous texture and takes the ink really well, combined with the black card layers and die cuts.






I have made a charm using part of the die and some glossy accent by Ranger.








An mdf Trick or Treat sweet door hanger with a pocket for treats.  I have also used the Halloween Magic die and the cobweb die from Creepy Corners on this project.


The matching Creepy Corners Charisma has also been used with the die.










I've created a creepy potion bookcase using the Creepy Corners individually, which have been decoupaged and glossy accent has been added to some of the embellishments. With the Spiders Mesh frame die and its Charisma on the front. of the bookcase.



The bookcase itself is, in fact, the wooden box from a set of mini wooden dies.  I thought it would come in handy for something.  The edges of the bookcase have been decorated with spiderweb dies using black cardstock from the Spiders Mesh die set



I have added some mixed metallic microbeads, wired mesh ribbon and a little hessian distressed ribbon to fill out the gaps in the bookcase.




Pieces of the Spiders Mesh have been added to the back of each cubicle.


Merlin


I love this mystic owl and with its bright Charisma paper, I managed to find some Halloween card to coordinate perfectly with Merlin. This time I have made a shaker card, also using the Creepy Corners die with its matching Charisma also.

I have used some sapphire blue sequins to match the bats and bird in this shaker card.


Finished off with a glittered sentiment using Debbi Moores crystal Print Magic embossing powder.


For this card using Merlin, I have embossed the orange base card with a woodgrain embossing folder and used the Spiders Mesh die on black cardstock. The owl has been coloured and his hat and eyes heat embossed with glitter embossing powder.






Merlin has been printed onto glossy cardstock using the Charisma and decoupaged. I have also used the pretty pearl Tattered Lace Circle die set for the card base.





The card has been layered up using foam pads for added dimension.




Halloween Magic


For this easel card, I have used the die Halloween Magic die with the matching Charisma and added a battery tea lighter for a flickering light through the die.




I have also used an element of the Creepy Creatures die to make a charm which has been covered with a layer of glossy accent by Ranger to give it more strength and texture.



Halloween Tuck Ins




I used a coffin template to make this Halloween party invite along with the Halloween Tuck Ins dies on grey cardstock.


With some pearl drops in blood red, hanging of the cobweb.


I also used the cobweb die from the Spiders Mesh. I added a quirky verse and perforated the RSVP slip.

Also utilising the skull dies die cut with white card this time.




A pillowbox trick or treat box ready to fill will sweet treats, using the Skull Tuck Ins and cobweb tag with their Charisma along with the Spiders Mesh frame on black card. I have also added the one of the Creepy Corners dies in black card.



The skulls have been decoupaged for a little more dimension.



A touch of purple goo to tie in with the ribbon that I have added.



Finally, a Halloween card using the Tuck In dies and the Spiders Mesh frame on mirri card.




the background has been made with the Dreamees pearlescent inks and shaving foam to get that marbled look for a spooky sky also coordinating with the base card.







These dies have so many possibilities for different projects or even alternative birthday cards. They mix and match so well together.  In all the cards, I have also added a Halloween verse.


Happy Crafting

2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous samples Michelle -great shaving cream background and love all the brilliant Halloween dies especially the spiders web and little bats--brilliant little bookcase
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much for your kind comments Carol x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...