blog backbdrop

Tuesday 18 September 2018

Birthday Book Card

For this months blog challenge on Let's Craft and Create, I am sharing a Birthday Book card made with Dreamee products and a Tattered Lace die set for our "friend" theme.








First I printed the wood grain backing paper, double sided onto hammered card for a little more texture using The Dreamees Sweet Sunflowers cd



Die cut the larger book dies twice and then join the spined dies together using a strong pva based glue like cosmic shimmer. The smaller of the large die can be used for pages inside your book or for panels as I have used them on the top and bottom.   I've also die cut the label using peach satin board by Create & Craft.




I stamped the sweet sunflowers onto the Dreamees velour paper, which has a lovely suede feel to it, using their dinky inkies to colour them in with one of their water brushes.
This card/paper takes the ink really well, whether you stamp onto it or colour.



I then die cut the flowers and layered them up.


Velour paper



I had a small zip and decided to cover it with some cream cotton lace to give the book front a prettier look to it with the sunflowers bursting through the centre. Pinflair glue gel is a perfect glue for this sort of project.  Using the Dreamees dotty alphabet stamps for the name in the label.

Dotty Alphabet stamp set

I stamped some white tissue paper with the largest stamp in the set, which made perfect coordinating paper to wrap it in.

Using the same velour paper I stamped my puppies using the Dreamees Pretty Pets stamp set.
I included the little mouse from their Autumn Days stamp set and used my Pearlescent dinky inkies to colour them in with the water brush again.


Onto cream card I have printed a leaf and sunflower backing paper (double sided) and made a box base to fit inside the book.

Using a piece of green lacy webbing for the grass and the sunflower leaves as foilage behind and around the puppies which have been adhered with pinflair glue gel, giving great dimension.

I used red liner tape to fix the box in place into the box but a strong pva glue like cosmic shimmer would also work well.

I have also stamped the Dreamees Friendship Dish recipe stamp onto coordinating wood grain card to form the plaque for the inside of the book. The Friendship Dish stamp was one of the first stamps I bought from The Dreamees.

A little Ranger glossy accent on the puppies eyes and nose to finish them off.





I have to say I love this precious nested book die by Tattered Lace, it has so many uses.
Pop over to the Let's Craft and Create blog page and see what the rest of the design team have been making. There is a $10 gift voucher for the winner.

Happy Crafting

2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

WOW this is absolutel beautiful Michelle I love the sunflowers and cute puppies-great idea stamping co-ordinating tissue wrap too---you printed onto hammered card??? my printer spits it s dummy at anything over 128 gsm!!!
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks so much Carol, yes it will happily print on hammered card (it likes the create & craft band), but glossy card...it will keep sending it back to me x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...