blog backbdrop

Tuesday 1 January 2019

ATC Coins & inchies for January 2019

Happy New Year!

Starting the New Year with some ATC coins and inchies for a group swap.  These are my first attempt at the coins as I am used to making the standard ATC cards.  
The measurements for the coins are 2.5 inches in diameter instead of the usual oblong ATCs.  




Onto Hunkydory Ink Me 300gsm card I used Tim Holt distress oxide inks in seedless preserves and picked raspberry, which I spritzed with water on my craft mat to make the background.  I then spritzed the card with some metallic pink mica powder.


I used Visible Image stamps Torn Nets and  Own It (Perfectly Flawed set) which were heat embossed with a black versa fine ink pad and very quickly added clear embossing powder over the top before the ink dried, so that it could still be heat embossed.


The Torn Nets stamp has been discontinued and was and still is a fabulous stamp but it was one of the stamps the Visible Image re- released for a period of time.

The ATG theme for my coins this month is "flawed".



For the same group swap I also made some Inchies.  One inch squares of artwork made as a set of 6 to swap.

On the same card I used for the coins I used Tim Holtz distress oxides in salty ocean, abandoned coral and twisted citron.  Using the same method as above I spritzed the card with metallic pink mica powder before die cutting the card with an inch square stitched die.
On The Dreamees cream velour paper I used Tim Holtz Salty Ocean distress oxide ink and then spritzed it with an iridescent mica powder.  I also used the smallest flower stamp in their Something Stitchy stamp set for my flowers which have a button centre.



I decoupaded the flowers to add a little dimension and a drop of  glossy accent in the centre of the flowers.


The ATG theme for my Inchies this month is "Something Blue."

Happy Crafting!



3 comments:

Katie said...

These are stunning and love the ATCs

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much Katie x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous coins love the purple and embossed black -great torn net stamp
great inches too-entered once but couldn't get my head around inches!!!
Carol x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...