blog backbdrop

Friday 23 March 2018

Space Invaders Card - using Retro Gamer Imagine Design Create Stamp Set

  Male cards can be a bit of a challenge when you are after something a little different so was pretty impressed with this stamp by Imagine Design Create.   I have previously made a set of ATCs using this stamp set.






 This is what I used to make my card:-


  • Retro Gamer stamp set by Imagine Design Create
  • C6 size piece of heat resistant acetate
  • A5 black cardstock
  • A4 purple card from the Hunkydory Twilight Fairy A4 cardstock (its a misty purple)
  • Tim Holtz salty ocean distress ink
  • Wow bright white superfine embossing powder
  • Versafine clear ink pad




First I stamped and heat embossed the little space invader onto the acetate using my stamping platform (as it makes it a lot easier to line them up) and the superfine white Wow embossing powder.  It's also advisable to use an anti-static bag on the acetate to get rid of the stray flecks of embossing powder that particularly love acetate!  I also used a corner punch on the edges.





Then I stamped the fire button and wording I needed using the salty ocean distress ink onto white stamping card.  I wanted this card to be a little dimensional, so with some black card, I made half a box for the button, space bar, and the title.




I intend to stick these to the card using sticky pads.




For the space background, I used the same salty ocean distress ink with a little water and then tapping the pipette (hence the mess) scattered the droplets across the black card.




 Dab of the excess with a paper towel to leave a pale ghosting of colour to the card




 Then for the twinkling galaxy, I used some blue metallic mica powder mixed with a little water and then spritzed onto the card. This gave a more sparkling tone to the card still leaving the ghosting in the background.




Once dry I could then start to build my card.  I used some black fine peel offs I managed to find in my crafty stash to edge the black card nicely and define it a little more as a computer screen.
 I used a little (glue) tape runner on the edges of the acetate to stick it to the card. The tape runner actually merged into the background of the card so the glue wasn't visible.  I used foam pads to stick the boxes I had made to the card along with one under the fire button to add some dimension.



Something a little different for a male birthday card or retro gamer.

Happy Crafting






2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card and love how you made the fabulous background-I remember my eldest son having one of these games
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Carol. I loved space invaders, really takes me back x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...