blog backbdrop

Monday 5 March 2018

Monochrome Mens Music Birthday Card

For my men's monochrome music themed birthday card I used the Visible Image Jazz it Up and The Ripple Effect stamp set.










To make this card I used:-
  • Visible Image Ripple Effect stamp set
  • Visible Image Jazz it Up stamp set
  • Sheena Douglass Music & Dance stamp set
  • black & white striped vellum
  • Hunkydory 250gsm white stamping card
  • Crafters Companion matt black card
  • Xcut circle dies
  • Xcut cog dies
  • black embossing powder & versamark ink pad
  • black versafine ink and glossy accent




I stamped and heat embossed the trumpet players from the Visible Image Jazz it Up stamp set with black embossing powder.and then I used Sheena Douglass musical notes from her stamp set to stamp a faint background on the card.


This stamp set was free with Issue 52 of the Creative Stamping magazine.

Then I used the keyboard from the Jazz it Up stamp set to stamp the keyboards with black versafine ink. Once the ink was dry I went over the black keys with some glossy accent to give a little texture.

I also created a few vinyl records for the card.





The vinyl records were made with The Visible Image - The Ripple Effect stamp set, which has been heat embossed onto a circle die cut piece of black card with black embossing powder. It has then been finished off with one of the cog dies to make it look like an old 45 inch vinyl record.



It was just a case of planning where I wanted everything to go, combining all the different textures on the card. I used a hole punch to cut out 3 white circles of white card and added some glossy accent to them to make them look like brads.

I added a name to one of my records as this is one of my friend's favourite groups. Being a music lover, I thought he would like a music themed birthday card.  I don't always put a birthday sentiment on the front of my cards even though I always add an insert to them as the card doesn't always need one.

I am entering this into the following blog challenges:-

Mix It Up - ATG
Monochrome Magic - ATG twist of black & white 
We Love2Create - ATG
As you Like It - ATG CAS or Layers? I love adding layers to my cards to add dimension and texture such as heat embossing or glossy accent.
Simon Says - ATG



Happy Crafting


9 comments:

Lin said...

Love the way you carried your music theme throughout, Michelle! What a great card! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Elaine Stark said...

A fab card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you x

Terry said...

Fabulous card you have made, thank you for sharing with the DT from We Love To Create Hugs Terry xxx

Lisa J said...

WOW! So much detail on this card. Fabulous male themed card. Thanks for playing along with me this month. Lisa Monochrome Magic

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant masculine card love the monochrome and fabulous stamps-love how you made the records too
Carol x

Teresa Kline said...

super fun card! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thank you x

Brawny x said...

Great cardvx

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...