blog backbdrop

Sunday 18 March 2018

Spring Card for Easter

My 2nd DT card this month is a Spring Easter card for Let's Craft and Create.  A decoupaged posy of yellow flowers.
























To start this project, this is what I used:-
  • 6 x 6 white card blank
  • 6 x 6 white card to die cut
  • Green gingham backing paper from one of the Dreamees cd roms
  • Dreamees square lace die set (available on Create & Craft )
  • Stamping Up Lotus Blossom stamp set (retired - but available on ebay)
  • Docrafts Xcut mini gift tag die
  • Lemon organza ribbon
  • Papermania adhesive gems
  • Dreamees Dinky Inky ink pads





I used the three stamps to define the flowers using the Dreamees new Pearlescent dinky inkies in mustard. It's difficult to capture the shimmer of these inks at this angle. I also used one of their Autumn winter green inks for the stems.  I then cut them out ready to decoupage.



Normally I would stamp these straight to the card but decided to see how they would look decoupage to create some different dimensional flowers.





This square lace die comes with 3 dies.  An outer frame (13cms) a fine square die (9cm) and inner lacy panel (8.5cm). As I wanted the frame and lace panel to form a layer on my card, I left out the middle die. This detailed die cut perfectly with my Sizzix.



Using a quickie glue pen and some glitter I added some sparkle around the edges and to areas of the lacy panel.






Then I layered up all the elements





The inspiration behind this spring card came from my beautiful yellow tulips.




Happy  Crafting


Added to the following challenges:-

MAWTT - Easter
Pink Gems - Easter Time









7 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the beautiful die-cut background and gorgeous 3-D flowers
Carol x

Zoe Tant said...

Super Easter/Spring card. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Zoe x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you ladies x

Wynn said...

Fabulous decoupaged daffs. They look so real. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies Wynn DT

Wendy L said...

So beautiful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you x

Christine said...

Gorgeous Easter card lovely work great take on the chall theme.

Thanks for sharing with us @ AGOAC this time.

smiles Christine x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...