blog backbdrop

Thursday 8 March 2018

MDF Memory Book using Dreamees products

For a monthly group swap I decided to use some of my mdf to make a memory book.











For the memory book i used the following:-

  • Dreameese mdf scalloped edge memory book 
  • Dreamees something blue paper pad
  • Dreamees A charming cascade stamp set
  • Dreamees flourishes and butterfly dies
  • Dreamees pale blue pearls
  • Dreamees blue dinky inky from Autumn Winter collection
  • Dreamees sensational flowers backing paper for flowers (from the cd)
  • Create & Craft satin board in blue and turquoise 
  • Greyboard to make the pages for the middle
  • Crafters Companion Classic alphabet dies
  • blue eyelets
  • white lace
  • photo corners





Once I chose  how I wanted the papers to go together (which wasnt difficult as they all work really well in the paper pad) I drew around one of the mdf pieces (not forgetting to mark where the holes needed to be as I like to punch them out for a neater finish.  I did the same with some greyboard  I had left over which was slightly bigger than A5. the greyboard will make the pages in between.





 After sticking my papers to the mdf and greyboard I used my blue dinky inky (which is a sort of french navy) to ink the edges using  dauber. The Dreamees made their ink collection to match up with their paper pads and backing papers on the cds, which make it so much easier to find an ink to compliment the papers when you just need a hint of colour..




 I added the eyelets and two strips of lace across the front of the mdf, using red liner tape. I thought this particular piece of lace looked nice overlapping.

I then stamped and heat embossed the flower stamps from A Charming Cascade onto a pale grey and white patterned backing paper from the Dreamees Sensational Flowers cd using super fine silver Wow embossing powder.




Using 3 different sized flower shapes I layered up the flowers and made 3 of these to stick on the front of the memory book.  When I cut them out I like to leave a very slim border around the petals so not to loose any detail from the flower.






I used the satin board for the butterflies and flourishes.









 You can just see the photo corners that I have used on the inside pages of the memory book and as the pages are a little bare until they have some pictures in them, I have added a few butterflies to the centre of each page.







I then put the finishing touches onto the memory book with the lettering die cut from Crafters Companion classic alphabet die set using Hunkydory mirri board and adding  the pearls.


 The 2 inner pages are made from greyboard.



 As the rings are hinged, they can be easily opened and more pages added.






I made my usual Dreamee bookmark to accompany the swap using the same papers and the Stamping Up bookmark punch with the Dreamees Calligraphy alphabet stamp set.


Happy Crafting



4 comments:

brenda said...

Pretty mixed media creation in lovely colours.

Have a good weekend.

B x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you x

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous memory book Michelle beautiful papers and embellishments-love the embossed flowers and gorgeous layers of lace
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...