blog backbdrop

Thursday 29 March 2018

Tetrus Card - using Retro Gamer Imagine Design Create Stamp Set

Thought I'd used the Imagine Design Create Retro Gamer stamp set to make my brother's birthday card as I remember us playing Tetrus on the first Nintendo Gameboy, so it was that theme I was going for.






To make this card I used:-

  • Imagine Design Create - Retro Gamer stamp set
  • A4 Crafters Companion Centura Pearl in Royal Blue
  • Tim Holtz distress oxide inks
  • A5 black cardstock (you wont need it all)
  • 2 large black flat back pearls
  • black peel offs (a lot of crafters still have these in their stash)




These are the Retro Gamer stamps by Imagine, Design, Create.  I have cut the card and used a corner punch on the edges. For the button I have used a little piece of Hunkydory mirri board.




As I have been using my oxides a lot I thought this was a really easy way to colour the Tetrus blocks. I swiped swatches onto stamping card and then heat embossed the blocks using black embossing powder. The blocks are left with that lovely chalky texture.

I have used peacock feathers, seedless preserves, twisted citron, salty ocean, candied apple and lucky clover.



All cut out and ready to place. I have used salty ocean to stamp the Retro Gamer.




Once I decided where I wanted my blocks were to go I stuck them down along with the other elements for my Nintendo Gameboy themed card.  I used the black peel offs around the edge of the black card to define the screen and foam pads to raise the Retro Gamer and main button.

I made a hinge to join the card together and printed an insert to go in the card with a personalised verse of my choice.







I used some glossy accent on the Retro Gamer to give it a more rubbery look to the title.




This game brings back memories!

Happy Crafting





2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Another brilliant retro game card -love it
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thanks very much Carol x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...