blog backbdrop

Monday 23 July 2018

Sister 60th Birthday Card

I was asked to make a birthday card for a sister's 60th so given her favourite colour and that she liked flower I decided to go with my Dreamees flower stamps and die.


For this card, I used a white linen card base and layered it up with lavender satin board by Create & Craft and The Dreamees something stitchy backing papers in the same colourway.

The sentiment has been heat embossed using superfine metallic silver Wow embossing powder with one of The Dreamees sentiment stamps.

I have heat embossed The Dreamees pretty pearls flower stamps onto some of their patterned backing paper in the same colourways and added a little hint of colour in the centre using on of their lavender pearlescent dinky inkies.  The flowers have been layered up, shaped and finished off with plum pearls in the centre.

I adhered the wording/ number and heart metal embellishment in the centre of the card and didn't think it needed any more than that.

Pretty Pearls

For the lacy aperture centre, I have die cut the card centre using The Dreamees square lacy divine die to get the aperture and then the lacy die with the white linen card.  Inside I have added a mint green vellum layer to catch the light and give a hint of colour behind the panel. The card insert covers the panel inside. I really liked the effect of the acetate leaves I used on another card so decided that they would go well with this card too.  The leaves have been heat embossed onto acetate using a Chloe Endean mix of fine Wow embossing powder in Hollywood Hills.  The leaves are from The Dreamees sweet sunflowers stamp set.

square lacy divine die set



When you have taken the time to make a special card, I think it also needs a book to keep it in, in the same way, you would wrap a gift.  I have used Crafters Companion Indulgence centura pearl double sided 300gsm card to make the gift box and used their envelobox scoreboard (as I always do) to make the box.



Happy Crafting

2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

This is absolutely stunning Michelle love the large lacy square and gorgeous flowers
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Carol x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...