blog backbdrop

Thursday 24 December 2020

Butterflies in Abundance Birthday card

Good morning, sharing a birthday card that I made earlier in the year but just haven't got around to posting it. This one was for one of my friends birthdays.

My 7-inch card has been planned around a sketch design with a splatter across the centre. I've kept the card mostly monochrome with just an accent of dusky pink in the ribbon, pearls and little flowers on the butterfly wings.


Sketches are great for planning your cards and very useful when you want to use up your backing paper by matting and layering shapes for your card.

For my flowers,  I stamped and heat embossed the flower stamps from the Dreamees Butterflies in Abundance set onto vellum using bright white Wow embossing powder.


I did the same for the large butterfly. This is a gorgeous butterfly stamp and so detailed along the edge with delicate flowers.

I used a panel of white pearlescent card which I had passed through the Dreamees corrugated embossing folder and then splattered it with a little carnation 2nd gen sparkle dinky inky reinker.  The colour of the ink was a good match for the taffeta ribbon that I was going to use on the card.

The papers for my card were chosen from one of the Dreamees CDs and I mounted them onto black card to define the layers before putting the card together.

I added some white sisal between the topper and the butterfly for some texture and used some silver mist reinker dinky inky mixed with a little water in my water brush to add a little shimmer on the edges of my flowers.

As this was going to be delivered by hand, I didn't have to worry about it getting crushed in the post. Where an envelobox  isn't deep enough, I make a box for my cards and also add a personal verse inside as I tend to leave a sentiment off the front of my cards where I feel there isn't a specific place for one.

Enjoy your day and Merry Christmas .
Happy Crafting









3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning birthday card. It is so pretty. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card, just beautiful. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Day and health for the new year. xxx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much x

Birthday Card #brave

A quick share today: two cards I made towards the end of last year but not shared. I used the same fabulous stamp by Visible Image and just...