blog backbdrop

Tuesday 29 December 2020

Cookie Jar flowers Birthday card

 My card today is one with cookies and flowers, two things that I love and this one was made for my sister in law a few months ago.

Last year I sent it to their old address my mistake, as they had just moved and this year, I nearly forgot to put an insert inside, as I always add a personal verse inside. Next year perhaps, I will get I right.

I wanted to use these beautiful chrysanthemums from the  Tattered Lace Pressed Rose collection because not only are they huge as die cut flowers go but they look so life like too. I added the foliage from some Fleurs dies that I had which matched these flowers perfectly.

I also used the mason jar from the  Grandmas Kitchen collection by Tattered Lace, along with the two smallest dies from their cookie cutter die set for my biscuits, then added a little swirl of pearl drops for icing on the top. I also die cut an acetate panel for the front of my jar to complete the look.

The backing papers were printed onto some cream velvet card from my stash using the Grandmas Kitchen USB collection. This paper just gives my card a more textured feel for my shabby chic styled card. I then used the large lacy circle Lace die by the Dreamees along with their oval border die to make the panel for another layer.


A little white lace and dusky pink taffeta ribbon between the layers and sentiment in the style of a recipe label (also from the usb) to finish the card off with some rose pearls.

.

I thought it would be a change to add a sentiment to the front of one of my cards.
I was attempting to make smaller cards earlier in the year but the size is creeping back up as I do like making 7 and 8 inch cards when I have flowers to add to them.

Fortunately, I was able to give her the card this year as we saw each other before the second lockdown. I think we are all hoping for better things next year or even an improvement on this year at least, but more importantly, stay safe, healthy sane where possible ......
   Happy Crafting




4 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning flowers and absolutely gorgeous card. I love to make flowers too. xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card!!!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thank you for your lovely comments x

Easter Cards

I have a few Easter cards that I'm sharing today and I've been using the Signature Series Digital Florist Everything Anemone Cardmak...