blog backbdrop

Wednesday 30 December 2020

Last of the festive cheer

As we are close to ringing out the end of this year I thought I would just share the few cards that I managed to get made which were only a handful by all accounts.

My little collection all made with my festive Dreamees stamps and Loops and Lace die collection by the Dreamees which as you can see a lot of my cards has been my favourite go to die set collection lately. I particularly love this Santa Paws stamp set that Hayley Bignall designed, which really does capture a traditional essence of Christmas.



Each card does vary as I don't like making identical cards. The card above has the addition of the pine cone stamp by Skull & Cross Buns to match the tag Christmas tag I made earlier.



I made all the festive flowers using the Loops & Lace flower dies and used mostly Dreamees festive design papers from their past CDs and paper pads. I painted my stamped images using my second generation dinky inkies.


This adorable stamp is also part of the Santa Paws stamp set and with a bit of imagination, you could adapt this and use all year round. I know I am biased where Dreamees are concerned but when you love what you use its only natural that you want to share it with others too.

I love using my Stickles glitter glue in frosted lace at Christmas for all those snowy icy edges as it adds that perfect amount of glittery texture that doesn't rub off like glitter can do.




These sparkle dinky inkies are brilliant. They just add the right amount of shimmer without going over the top but you can intensify that sparkle with the  re-inkers  should you want to.

Some of the sentiments were Festive Dreamees ones from a past printed Christmas collection with backing papers.

The adorable winter bunny was coloured in with a promarker. I wanted him to stand out and the colour worked well.


And something a little different using a little mdf stocking and the Christmas sentiment tab stamps.

Finally, finishing with another stocking card made for my brother in law and family using the little mdf stockings by the Dreamees and the little fir tree branch die by Tattered Lace. For the background, I also used the poinsettia embossing folder.  I added a few miniature bells to the edge of the card and some stickles glitter glue in frosted lace for a snowy effect.

I had hoped to make a lot more cards this year but unfortunately, it just didn't turn out that way, which is a shame but not the end of the world.
Enjoy your evening
Happy Crafting








5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle all your cards are gorgeous. Happy New Year to you. Take care. Hugs Jackie

aussie aNNie said...

Sweet cards and images used. Love all of your creative ways. Happy new and safe 2021. xx

mamawcindy said...

Oh your cards are so pretty. Love how you made them all different. I didn't make as many Christmas cards this year. I felt bad but your right it's not the end of the world. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy New Year to you.
cindys-greejcricut

mamawcindy said...

Oh your cards are so pretty. Love how you made them all different. I didn't make as many Christmas cards this year. I felt bad but your right it's not the end of the world. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy New Year to you.
cindys-greencricut

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thank you for your lovely comments, Happy New Year x

Birthday Card #brave

A quick share today: two cards I made towards the end of last year but not shared. I used the same fabulous stamp by Visible Image and just...