blog backbdrop

Friday 5 February 2021

Twins - New baby Cards

Today I am sharing a baby card that I made for my neighbour who had two adorable little boys in July last year but with one thing and another I have not had the opportunity to share it.


As the theme for our blog challenge this month at Daisy Chains is with children/babies in mind, this seemed the ideal time to share it.

I used the Tattered Lace nested book die for the main structure of my card along with a mix of Tattered Lace and downloads new baby backing paper mixed with powder blue vellum.

For the little baby grows I used a free digi stamp download and printed it onto one of the backing papers, adding their little name labels after.  The little metallic feet embellishments were made using a punch from my stash, purchased from a charity shop.
On the opposite page I had printed a personalised message onto the vellum page.


My open book card can lay flat or on the card stand I made using the Tonic floral affections ornate easel stand die .


I also added a few embellishments from my stash to the pages in the card book


I used white centura pearl card stock for the largest book die and also for the card stand so that it all matched, finishing off with blue satin ribbon and some white flat backed pearls.
This style of card makes an ideal new baby card which can be adapted to add photos too.
I made a very similar a few weeks later, keeping it a little more CAS and adding a photo of my friend's new addition to her family.
I have also added the same embellishments to the inner pages but chose to keep the photo of this handsome chap as my focal point on the card. These little lads have really grown since writing this post, they grow up so quickly.

The rest of our design team have also been making some lovely projects this month, along with so many great crafters on our blog every month. It's always lovely to see the inspiration everyone shares. Please use the link below to take you to the blog challenge and thanks for the visit.

Happy Crafting








3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous new baby card for twins. I am sure this will be treasured for a long time. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful Michelle love the book shape and all the baby pages-a beautiful keepsake
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...