blog backbdrop

Friday 5 February 2021

Falling leaves card

 A simple little card to share today which can be used for a birthday or even a just because card, an excuse to stay in touch, brighten someone's day with some unexpected post, especially for those struggling with staying at home in order to stay safe.



So,  for my little card, I used some simple little leaf digi images and the easiest way to get a more natural on these leaves is to smoosh a bit of Tim Holtz distress oxides with a spritz of water, which is exactly what I did here.


 I used wild honey, lucky clover and frayed burlap and after covering the leaves in one pass, I dried them off with my heat gun. I have to say I am really impressed with the paper that I've been using that was recommended to me, it holds the ink really well considering that it is only 120gsm. I've also been using it to make my flowers too.  I purchased a ream of this Navigator paper (orange wrapper - for colour documents) from Wilkos for £4.99. definitely worth a try and good for your charisma die cuts too.


 I made a 6x6 card from kraft card and added a topper in burnt orange and olive green before added a few of my leaves on top. I will save the rest of my leaves for another project. I added a piece of hessian ribbon and a button.


A little sentiment from one of my Dreamees stamps with I mounted on some co-ordinating card and a few gold pearls to finish my card off.

I had been looking for a big leaf stamp to make a card like this but found that these digi stamps worked out much better as they can be resized.  I'm really loving Autumnal leaves at the moment, so have a few more cards in mind to do.

Enjoy your day, whatever you have planned for yourself.
Happy crafting




Added to ITD - Ribbons&Bows challenge

6 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Michelle this is beautiful, what a lovely selection of oxides for the beautiful result...sensational.xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a stunning card. Those leaves are magnificent. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Kristine said...

Gorgeous card Michelle :) Loving the dimension on the leaves. Thanks for taking time to celebrate ITD's 8th Birthday with us this week! Hope to see you next week.
xKris

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card!!!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much ladies x

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! PROGRESSIVE challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...