blog backbdrop

Tuesday 16 February 2021

Time - Tag Tuesday

Sharing a  tag which I've made as part of a colour challenge.  The theme was black, white and add another colour.


My other colour I have added is red, in the form of 2 small red lacy hearts.  A piece of red card leftover from a project that I had heat embossed with a lacy stamp using black embossing powder and I then used my heart punch.  That's why crafters never throw anything away!


For my tags, I used my vintage bookmark dies by Tattered Lace and on one of the black tags I used a script embossing folder and rubbed a little cloud white versa magic ink over the raised areas of the tag to highlight the script.

I took a piece of sumi paper and stamped it with my script stamp by Timber Boutique and then heat embossed it with black embossing powder.

I stamped the fob watch stamp by IndigoBlu onto white card and added a crackle accent gloss by Ranger onto the centre dial. I also used the Love You Longer stamp by Visible Image.

I used black soot distress oxide ink to edge the rest of the tag as I put it together and found some black peel offs in my stash to form a chain for the fob watch.  I also added a few drops of glossy accent for interest .


Thank goodness for challenges and swaps because it's also a great excuse to get back to making those projects that you haven't done for a while. 

A rummage through your stash to accommodate a theme and then just going where the mood takes you and create....

This particular tag is destined for Tag Tuesday  and I've really enjoyed making this, another thing on my list to get back to doing.
Happy Crafting!








11 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work thanks for sharing!!!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabyulous tag Michelle love all the layers and sentiment
Carol x

Shabneez said...

Beautiful mixed media tag Michelle. Shabneez x

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle your tags are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Diana Taylor said...

Fabulous tag - I love the layers and the little touches of red.
Diana x

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely fabulous Michele, love this tag! Stay safe! Hugs, Valerie

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much for your lovely comments x

pinky said...

Michelle I really love all the layers to your tag, so beautiful and full of texture.

mamawcindy said...

Hello Michelle, Wanted to thank you for the nice comment on my blog. Your tag is Awesome. Love the layers and love that sentiment. About the birds, I think they are so fun to watch.I'm actually curious as to what kind you have been getting. Hope you have a great day and stay safe!
cindys-greencricut

Chris said...

This is gorgeous Michelle, love all the details you've included in this beautifully designed tag.
xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Your tag is fabulous, the texture and layers. Love the sentiment too.
Thank you so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday.

Birthday Card #brave

A quick share today: two cards I made towards the end of last year but not shared. I used the same fabulous stamp by Visible Image and just...