blog backbdrop

Friday 5 February 2021

Enjoy the little things hanging plaque

Todays make to share is an mdf plaque that  I made in a craft swap with the Dreamees Catchers, which is a great craft group on Facebook for Dreamees followers. I  am also sharing this for our blog challenge on Let's Craft and Create this month.
Our challenge this month is Red, Pink and or White and of course, as with all our challenges, there is an ATG option.

MDF is a great to decorate. Once you start adding your papers, die cuts, flowers and embellishments, you have a lovely gift to give someone.

This is what I used for my hanging plaque:-
  • MDF shaped 7.5inch plaque
  • Dreamees Loops square die set
  • Dreamees Loops and Lace embellishment dies
  • Dreamees Tickled pink paper pad
  • Dreamees Woodgrain embossing folder
  • Dreamees Loop and Lace flower dies
  • Dreamees mdf mason jar from craft magazine mdf kit
  • Dreamees white pollen stamens
  • Dreamees Friendship stamp sentiment
  • Dreamees 4mm hot pink pearls
  • Dreamees 6mm white pearls
  • Dreamees walnut sparkle dinky inky
  • Dreamees vellum to heat emboss sentiment
  • Kraft card
  • White textured card approx 150gsm for a few flowers
  • Taffeta dusky pink wired ribbon
  • A strip of white lace
  • A piece of 12cm pink satin ribbon to hang the plaque up
  • Natural bind wire
  • Hobby House wood buttons
The Loops and Lace die set is a fabulous collection For this project, I am only using the square shape set with the embellishment and flower dies.
I decided to matt and layer the tickled pink paper pad with kraft card and pick up the white in the paper by using a white textured card for some of the flowers.

After covering the mdf in some of the tickled pink paper and deciding how I wanted my plaque to look, I used the half border die in the set to create a double border panel to go across the centre of my plaque, adding another piece of white lace on top, building on the layers.

For the flowers, I die cut these from the Loops and Lace flower dies using the tickled pink papers and kraft card, with the foliage from the embellishment die set. After, I carefully edge them with the walnut sparkle dinky inky for a hint of shimmer and a more vintage look.


On the other side of the plaque made some textured flowers using the white textured card, by adding coiled stems from the natural bind wire and pollen stamens popping out of the little flower heads that I had made. The outline flower dies in kraft card added a spikey foliage to the spray.


I love this little mason jar from this mdf kit and was looking forward to using it in a project. I covered the jar in a little piece of tickled pink paper and then used the hearts that popped out of the flower dies to make cookies for the cookie jar.
The little bees from the embellishment die set were die cut from a small piece of white pearlescent card and silver glitter card. I carefully tore a piece of vellum to fit the place I wanted the sentiment to sit and heat embossed the sentiment with silver super fine embossing wow powder from one of the Dreamees early friendship stamps.

I popped the two flower shaped wooden buttons at the top of the plaque and after I added the pink satin ribbon to hang it up, my plaque was ready to send off to Sonja.

I really enjoy crafting for others, especially when it's something that they are not expecting. Crafting is all about sharing your inspiration with others.

Our design team have also been busy this month with projects of their own and there is always lots of fabulous inspiration shared by the crafters on our blog too. If you are interested,  there is a prize for the winning entry, following our theme and a badge for your blog for the top 3 runners up. Just click on the link below which will take you to our blog challenge. 

Happy Crafting





5 comments:

Shabneez said...

Such a beautiful creation Michelle. Shabneez x

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card, love this design Michelle.... pretty colours too. xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is gorgeous. It is just so pretty. I love it. Take care. Have a good weekend. Hugs Jackie xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous plaque Michelle love the beautiful dies and flowers
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks very much for your lovely comments x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...